Back Home

ATHENA POV:

We were on our way to Hogwarts again for our sixth year. Finally! I always loved coming back here! I frowned as I noticed Harry had dark rings under his eyes, and his expression read pure exhaustion.

"You've been having those dreams again, haven't you?" I question him and he nods tiredly. I allow him to lean into my shoulder. "Wanna talk about it?" He sighs and shakes his head, hiding his face in my hair. I sigh. I missed those days when we were younger, when we had no cares in the world. It all seemed to be gone now, and replaced with seriousness. Voldemort was rising, and it was happening fast.

HARRY POV:

She knows me all too well. I had been having terrible dreams again, and the one last night involved her. It was a terrible one, causing me to jump out of bed and run into her room, making sure she was alright. I had woken Hermione up, but I disappeared before she could notice it was me. I leaned into Athena's haired and inhaled her scent. She smelled like the ground after it rains-sort of a refreshing and earthy smell. I loved that smell. I felt Athena suddenly relax against me and I knew she had fallen asleep. I sighed and kissed her on the forehead. At least she wasn't having bad dreams like I was. Hermione and Ron walked in then, arguing of course, but piped down when they noticed Athena was sleeping.

ATHENA POV:

I wake up to the others arguing. Just brilliant.

"It only makes sense, Hermione! His fathers a Death Eater! I'm telling you, he's up to something..." Harry runs a hand through his jet-black hair, making it stick up in different directions. I laugh and sit up a little to fix it. He smiles at me as I run my hand through his hair. "Awake, I see?" I stick my tongue out at him and he winks. I make myself morph into him a little bit and the compartment suddenly erupts in laughter. Hermione doesn't seem to think its that funny so I make myself turn into a rather unflattering version of her. Her face flushes as she advances on me, walking me with her book as I cackle meniacly. "No, Hermione! This is how you get to her..." An evil glint is in Harry's eye as he reaches down and starts tickling me. I scream and laugh at the same time as everyone tickles me.

"Bloody hell-Harry....stop....stop it please!" I beg while gasping for air. He just laughs and plops down next to me, exchanging a high-five with Hermione. "Gits," I mutter and Harry hugs me.

"You know you love me," he whispers and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, sure, Harry." He looks hurt for a minute. "I'm just kidding, Harry, jeez..." He laughs at this and I join in with him.

"I'm going to get some fresh air," Harry says, grabbing something and hiding it behind his back. I'm a little suspicious, but decide to shake it off. There's already too much to worry about.

The Great Hall is filled with excited chatting. I can see Draco watching me from the Slytherin table, but I ignore it. Harry suddenly comes in, his nose bleeding and his face expression mad. "He's covered in blood again. Why is he always covered in blood?" Ginny questions and I shrug.

"What happened?" I asked and he mouths 'tell you later'. Dumbledore makes his usual speech and then introduces a new teacher for potions named Professor Slughorn. I notice Harry claps rather enthusiastically and send him an odd look. He says Snape is taking over Defense Against the Dark Arts this year (oh joy!) so I might have a chance of getting the best grade in potions! I had always passed, but Professor Snape happened to not like me so much...oh well!

We make our way towards the common room, Harry and I holding hands. He seems rather tired. We reach the entrance to the dormitories. I kiss him a little bit longer then I should, but Fred and George interrupt us anyways by yelling: "Oi! No snogging in the common room!" I rolled my eyes at this.

"Night, love," Harry tells me and I give him one quick peck on the cheek before heading up to my dormitory. "Hey 'Mione?" I ask.

"Mmhm?" She replies, pulling out a book from her trunk and throwing herself down on her bed.

"I think Cormack fancies you..." She rolls her eyes. "What? He's not exactly ugly..." She laughs aloud at this.

"He's vile. I'd never go out with him!" I sigh and make an 'I was just trying to help' face. I change into my pj's and slink into bed. Who knows what tomorrow would bring...

Hermione and I decide to head down early to breakfast. We wanted to get breakfast early so we could read ahead a little in the school books, just so we know what's happening.

"What's Felix Felicius?" I question, looking at the caption. Hermione flips a page and shrugs. It doesn't say much about it-just that it gives you luck. Odd. "Ooh, there's a love potion!" I squeal and Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Like you need it, Athena. Boys throw themselves at you." Ron suddenly shoves into me, muttering a quick apology. "Literally," Hermione adds and we break into laughter. Harry enters, looking slightly less tired then he was yesterday.

"Morning," I greet as he pecks me on the cheek, making me blush.

"Morning," he replies and grabs a piece of toast, shoving it hungrily in his mouth.

"What are you? Ron?" I question him and he chuckles while Ron scowls at me. "Oh, come off it, Ronniekins! It was only a joke!" He scowls again and proceeds to kicking me under the table. We start a game of footsie which Harry and Hermione have to break up. I look at the clock. Time for our first class!