Ron's Flight

HARRY POV:

We land in a dense forest somewhere. It's seems almost quiet for a second before I hear Hermione scream from behind me and Ron groan. I whirl around to be met by a gross sight. Hermione's kneeling over Ron and Athena, Ron having his arm splinched and blood is seeping through the middle of Athena's shirt. 

"Harry, hand me my bag!" Hermione says, sounding panicked. I grab her bag in a hurry and hand it to her. She takes out a tiny bottle. She does Ron first. I don't even listen as she talks to him, I just try and stop Athena from bleeding. Three long cuts run along her stomach, and even though she's unconscious, I can hear her ragged breathing. 

"Hermione, are you almost done?!" I ask, pressing on Athena's stomach to stop the bleeding. Hermione finishes up quickly and hands me the bottle. I dab the stuff on Athena and hear her whimper even though she's not conscious. Once I'm done I see both her and Ron's breathing have calmed down. I sigh and look over to see Hermione casting protective charms. That girl really is a genius. She solemnly walks over and sighs as well. 

"I don't know what happened. I just switched our course because I was afraid someone would follow...and I guess they both got splinched." She looks almost teary-eyed looking at our injured friends. I try and avoid looking at Athena, every time I do, it sends a wave of pain through my heart. Literally. Whenever she's in pain, so am I. 

"Let's just set the tent up and get them inside. We'll figure the rest out then." 

ATHENA POV:

My body aches. Everything hurts.

Ouch.

I whimper out loud and hear shuffling footsteps. I can't seem to find the energy to open my eyes. 

"Harry, do we have any more of those pain killers?" Hermione asks from close to me. I hear things clinking and Harry heave a sigh. 

"Nope. We used the rest on Ron." 

"Oh...where is Ron anyways?" 

"He's outiside, I think. I'd be careful what you say, he's wearing the locket," Harry says and I feel Hermione let go of my hand-which I didn't realize she was holding-and leave. A wave of pain comes again. 

"Ow!" I surprise myself by speaking. "Merlin, this hurts," I mutter and feel someone sit next to me. 

"You okay, Athena?" The sound of his voice gives me the strength to open my eyes again. Harry.

"No." Another wave of pain. I gasp and clutch my stomach, sending another wave of pain, making me gasp again. This goes on for a while until I just lie completely still. Harry watches me the whole time, pity and pain in his eyes. "Ouch," I say again. 

"I regret giving Ron the rest of the pain killers," Harry whispers, clutching my hand tightly. 

"Damn you, Ron," I say quietly, making him crack a smile. "What happened?" I ask. "Ouch," I add as an afterthought. Stupid Ron for using all the pain killers. 

"You and Ron both got splinched. He got his in the shoulder while you got yours in the stomach, though." I nod as Harry continues to talk to me, trying to make me forget about the pain, no doubt. I occasionally interrupt him by crying out or muttering 'ouch', but, besides that, it kind of works. 

"How do we even destroy a horcrux?" I ask when Harry got into the topic.

"That's what we've been trying to figure out. We tried everything and nothing seemed to work," he replies sadly. "And we don't know what or where the other horcruxes are." I slump in my bed. This is going to be harder than I thought. 

Weeks pass by and we still hadn't found a way to destroy a horcrux, or where to find others. I could finally walk again, for the pain in my stomach had gone down a lot. The others still had to stay close when I walked, though, due to the fact that I had fallen down in surprise of the sudden pain a couple of times. Hermione, Harry and I were at the table one day, trying to figure out how to destroy a horcrux. I was so exhausted-I hadn't gotten any sleep last night-that I almost fell asleep on Harry's shoulder a couple of times. 

"Athena, go get some rest," Hermione says finally, "you need sleep." I smile gratefully and trudge over to my bed, immediately overpowered by exhaustion. I fell asleep within seconds. 

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, HARRY! YOU HAVEN'T GOT ANY FAMILY LEFT!" I sleepily open my eyes and sit up to see Harry and Ron fighting. Physically and verbally fighting. 

"Stop it!" Hermione says, casting a wall between the both of them. "Both of you!" 

"What's going on?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest and standing besides Hermione. No one answers. 

"I can see when I'm not wanted," Ron spits at us and I look at the others, confused. Ron looks to me and Hermione. "Are you coming or staying?" I feel like he mostly directed the statement at Hermione. 

"Ron," I say cautiously, "I don't know what happened here, but you can't leave! You're part of our team and we need you!" Ron looks at me angrily. 

"So I take it you're staying with him?" He motions over to Harry and I sigh. 

"Yes I am and you should too," I reply and he glares, but then his gaze lands on Hermione and softens the slightest. 

"Well?" He asks rather rudely. She looks on the verge of tears. 

"Ron-I can't just...I promised Harry...please-" but Ron's already out the door. I can hear her yelling his name and him yelling back. I cautiously walk out side to see Hermione on her knees sobbing. I can't believe he left! That little git!

"It'll be alright, 'Mione," I say comfortingly, leading her back inside to where an angry Harry sits. I decide to ignore him for a while, due to the fact that he was part of the reason Ron left. I just sit there on Hermione's bed, muttering comforting words as she cries. 

Another week passes and Ron doesn't return. Eventually we have to move, so Hermione ties a scarf around one of the trees in case Ron comes back and wonders where we are. I can see it in her eyes that she really does miss him. 

And so goes by another week of doing mostly nothing. Harry comes to a realization one day as we sit in the tent, freezing our arses off. It's the end of December and really really cold outside. 

"I think I know where we can find a horcrux," he says, looking almost happy. I can't remember the last time I saw him look happy. 

"Where?" I ask, joining in on his excitement. 

"You know how I lived in Godric's Hallow as a baby?" Hermione and I both nod. "Well...since he almost died there-on that night-wouldn't it make sense for him to hide a horcrux there?" Hermione and I are both hesitant to agree. 

"Harry-is this just because you want to see your parents' graves?" I ask carefully. Harry shakes his head. 

"No, I think we should," Hermione says suddenly.

"'Mione, You-Know-Who would've guessed Harry would go back there-he's probably got a trap set up or something!" Hermione shakes her head. 

"Yes, I know, but if he could have guessed, so would Dumbledore," Hermione says, expecting me to catch on. 

"What do you mean?" Harry asks as soon as I catch on. 

"D-dumbledore could have hidden the sword there! Godric's Hallow is the birthplace of Godric Gryffindor!" We all finally agree that the next day, we'd go straight to Godric's Hallow.