Ugh, Umbridge!

ATHENA POV:

"That foul little git," I say furiously, walking out of DADA. Ever since Umbridge came, our lives had been miserable. Harry and I had just got detention for telling the truth about Voldemort. "The toad of a woman!" Harry sniggers and grabs my hand.

"Don't worry about it, Athena," Harry pleads. "At least we've got detention together." His lips curve up into a smirk. I laugh and kiss Harry lightly on the cheek.

"C'mon, we've got to get to Herbology," I say, dragging Harry along to the greenhouse.

That night Harry and I make our way to Umbridge's office for detention. I knock rather loudly on the door, hoping to piss her off, but it doesn't seem to work.

"Come in!" She croaks. Yep; a toad. I open the door and walk in, Harry on my heels. "Ah, Mr. Potter, Ms. Dumbledore." I look around the room and am immediately cringe. The walls are a bright pink color with little moving pictures of tiny cats. "Please sit," she squeaks, gesturing to two desks. I sit down next to Harry as Umbridge places a piece of parchment in front of me. "You must write 'I must not tell lies'," she says.

"How many times, Professor?" Harry asks it so politely I might want to gag.

"Oh, you'll know when you're finished." Something flashes in her eyes and I send Harry a confused look, but he shrugs. I start writing as an awkward silence fills the room. The only sound is Umbridge sipping her tea in the corner. I gasp as a sharp pain fills my hand and look to see blood oozing out of carved skin formed in the shape of an 'I'. I keep writing and push through the pain, not wanting to give Umbridge the satisfaction. It starts to form in the sentence 'I must not tell lies'. Tears are forming in my eyes and I look over to see Harry having the same problem (minus the tears). He give me a sympathetic look and I return a weak smile, getting back to writing. A couple of tears escape my eyes, but I keep my head down, not wanting Umbridge to notice I'm crying. My hand is stinging like a bunch of tiny knives are stabbing over and over agin into my hand. Blood is stained all over my hand and the parchment. Pretty soon I fill up the whole parchment and the blood is starting to make me feel nauseous. "Alright, you are finished. You may leave." I grab my bag and rush out of the room, the tears flowing freely down my face as I clutch my bloody hand.

"I'm going to get that bloody toad," Harry mutters, appearing behind me. "You okay?" I nod, obviously not being convincing. He comes up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me lightly on the top of my head. "No you're not," he mutters and takes my good hand, leading me back to the common room. We get there to find Hermione and Ron waiting there for us. When they see us, they immediately stand up, taking in the situation.

"What in the bloody hell happened?" Ron exclaims, roughly grabbing Harry and my hands. I winced and Ron let go of my hand, muttering a quick apology afterwards. We explain everything about the odd quills and how much of a git Umbridge is.

"We have to report this," Hermione says but Harry and I automatically shake our heads. We argue more about it back and forth about it for a while until she finally gives up. "Fine. But just don't go getting anymore detentions." She sighs and I decide to turn in for the night.

"Night," I say, giving Harry a quick peck on the cheek before linking arms with Hermione and heading upstairs to the dormitory.

The next couple of weeks have been absolutely terrible. Umbridge has taken an even larger disliking to Harry and I (much to my delight) and has kept giving us detention for no reason. I've actually gotten used to it, so I can barely feel the pain anymore. Hermione has been ranting on and on about organizing a club or something where Harry could teach us more defense spells. Harry had finally agreed, due to both Hermione and I's constant begging. We sent out notices to everyone we could trust to meet us at the shrieking shack and many agreed.

"Okay everyone, welcome," Hermione says awkwardly and I step in to help her.

"Yes, welcome. And I'm sure you've also been...um-concerned at how Umbridge is running things, correct?" Numerous people nod and some mutter some rude things. "Well, we all know Harry has been in situations where defense skills are needed...and since he's survived this far, I'm assuming he knows all of them." Some people chuckle and Harry smirks. I make Harry get up and say a few words and I see Cho Chang making googly eyes at Harry. Harry notices it too and he laughs when I shoot her an angry look. Her face flushes red as I smile triumphantly. Harry and I talk about our experience in the Chamber of Secrets a little bit and receive looks of awe as we also explain the way we saved the Philosopher's Stone.

"So please sign here," Hermione says, setting down a clipboard on one of the tables. "If you want to join." Everyone comes up and scribbles their name. Most are Gryffindors with the occasional Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Absolutely NO Slytherins.

Over the next month we meet in the Room of Requirement to practice. We had learned all the disarming spells, stunning spells, and how to block certain spells.

"Okay everyone," Harry calls for our attention. "Today we will be working on producing a patronus." Several people exchange confused looks, but I don't. I know perfectly well how to produce one. Harry had taught me in our third year. "To produce one, you say 'expecto patronum' and think of the happiest experience you've ever had." He signals for us to go. I try and think of a happy memory and finally find one. It's that one where Harry, Hermione, Ron and I were laying by the Quidditch Pitch, watching the giant squid. "Expecto Patronum," I say, remembering when Harry had laced his fingers with mine. A magnificent Phoenix comes out of my wand, dancing around the others. I watch it soar with its beautiful, glassy wings. It looks so fragile compared to Ron's patronus, which is a dog. I laugh as it flies over to Hermione's otter and they play around a little bit. We're having so much fun, that is, until we feel a pounding sound on the wall.

BANG BANG BANG

I look at Harry, confused, and he returns the look.

BANG BANG BANG

We both walk up to the end of the room of requirement and peek through a little hole to find Umbridge. I swear under my breath and she raises her wand to say a spell.

"Move!" Harry exclaims as he makes me run across the platform, stopping only to hide me in his arms as the stone and glass sprays everywhere.

"Thanks," I mutter to Harry and take his hand as Umbridge waltzes up and looks at us. Behind her I can see one of the Ravenclaw girls with brown, curly hair, looking very guilty.

"So, I heard this is Dumbledore's army," she croaks, stopping in front of me. "Tell me, Athena, was this your idea or your Uncles?" I look down.

"Mine, Professor." I can see Harry is about to say something, but I stop him. "All mine." Umbridge gives a light laugh and shakes her head.

"It's so obvious that loony, old man put you up to this!" I clench my fists and I feel my face getting hotter.

"Look, Professor, this was my idea, so punish me. The others had nothing to do with it!" Harry exclaims and I nudge him in the side. Umbridge narrows her eyes at both of us.

"Fine. Have it your way. You'll all be punished." She turns towards Draco and some other Slytherins that are there. "Grab these two," she motions to Harry and I. "We're going to the Headmaster's office." Draco grabs me and Blaize grabs Harry. We look back apologetically at the others as we're practically dragged to Uncle Albus's office. Draco keeps whispering flirty things in my ear and I keep shivering out of disgust. I feel my hair changing different colors in the process. Sometimes I just have to let it go.

"So you're a Metamorphmagus?" Draco whispers just loud enough for Harry to hear. "That's hot." I hear Harry grunt and before I know it, he's thrown Draco off of me and now they're having a full-on fist fight.

"Guys stop!" I plead, but they keep on fighting. Umbridge just watches with an amused expression as the two fight, laughing occasionally. "STOP!" I'm begging now, but they keep on fighting. I finally go in and try and push them away, but get elbowed in the nose so hard I see stars. I can't tell who did it, but it doesn't matter anyways. Umbridge finally finds the tinniest sliver of common sense and breaks up the fight. Draco and I both have bloody noses, and Harry has a nasty looking black eye. They glower at each other before they start walking again. We continue to the headmaster's in silence, and I decide it would be good to ignore both Draco AND Harry. They're both being bloody idiots.