Back to Hogwarts

ATHENA POV:

As soon as we land in Hogsmeade sirens start blaring and people start yelling.

"POTTER!" Someone yells. We quickly duck behind some tables in a restaurant as we hear footsteps approaching. Some men keep looking behind all the tables, and they're coming close to ours. I get my wand at the ready, adrenaline fueling me like a rocket. Luckily, another siren starts blaring, and all the men go towards it. I recognize the place we're in immediately.

"I know where we can go," I tell them quietly, "follow me." I wind my way through the familiar streets. It's pitch black out and I see that most of the people have locked and boarded up their windows. The place we go will for sure be safe, but I'm going to get into loads of trouble once we get there. I find the familiar wooden door with the strange, floral patterns and knock quietly. "Uncle!" I hiss through the hinges. "Uncle, it's me, Athena!" I knock louder this time, for I hear footsteps coming our way anyways. "Uncle Aberfourth, please!" The door suddenly swings opened and tears form in my eyes as I see the man who raised me. But, boy, does he look pissed.

"Quick, get in!" He whispers hastily and we all file in. I feel like a small child now, afraid of my Uncle's anger and what he might do. We make it into the living room and I look around at the house I grew up in. It doesn't look as cheery as it used to, except the portrait of my mother. She smiles at me and waves, her small book in her hand. I smile back just as Uncle Aberfourth comes in with food. Hermione and Ron dig in while Harry takes nothing and I take a small slice of bread. I need to eat, but I'm on the verge of throwing up, so I only take a little bit.

"A note?" Uncle Aberfourth asks, breaking the silence. "A note is all I get while you dissappear for months?!" Here it comes.

"I'm sorry, Uncle, but you wouldn't have let me go if I told you in person!"

"Yes, and I won't let you go again, you're too young!" I make a face.

"Yeah, well, people much younger than me have suffered worse, Uncle! What we've been doing for all these months is bigger than me. It's more important than my life, and I've learned to accept that I could die in this war. Something you need to do as well." I pause and look at the others, who are just kind of standing there awkwardly. "We're all willing to die for this cause. Uncle Albus was too, and so he did."

"Athena-I can't lose you too, I know-"

"No, Uncle, you really don't know. Uncle Albus told me it was my purpose, that it was fate that I met Harry. That all along I've been supposed to help him on this quest...and I know he's right! You've just given up! Just because he died didn't mean there isn't still hope!" Uncle Aberfourth looks hurt, but then a knowing smile spreads across his face.

"That is why we brought you here, sweetheart," he says, hugging me. I'm about to ask what he means, but he interrupts. "Now, what can I do to help?" We then tell him how we need to get into Hogwarts, but purposely leave out the part about the horcruxes. He looks to the portrait of my mom, Ariana. "You know what to do," he tells her and she smiles at both of us before disappearing out of the portrait.

"Where is she going?" Hermione asks.

"You'll see. And good luck," Uncle Aberfourth says, disappearing to a different part of the house. I sigh.

"Well that went better than I thought it would..." Suddenly Ariana's coming back, but someone's behind her.

"Hey, who's that?" Ron asks, pointing to the person behind the painting. Ariana returns fully now, and the portrait swings opened.

"Neville!" Harry says, a smile spreading across his face. Neville smiles back.

"So what happened to you?" I ask once we're in the tunnel. He has a long cut along his forehead, a black eye, and several other bruises on his face.