▶Chapter:50◀

The chapter:

____________________________________________

3rd person pov:

The morning sun cast a soft glow across the house as Kazakhstan packed his bags. Russia, though helping him fold clothes and tuck away items, couldn’t shake the heavy feeling in his chest.

"Are you sure you'll be okay, Russ?" Kazakhstan asked, his eyes filled with concern.

Russia nodded, forcing a smile. "Of course, I'll be fine. I have the kittens to keep me company."

Kazakhstan sighed, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Just remember, I'm only a call away. And I'll visit again soon."

"I know. Thank you for everything," Russia replied softly.

After a final hug, Kazakhstan got into his car and drove away, leaving Russia standing on the porch, watching until the car disappeared from sight. The house felt emptier already.

With Kazakhstan gone, Russia settled into a new routine. Each morning, he woke up early, just as he always had, and fed the kittens. They had grown a bit since he first found them, their eyes now open and their playful antics more pronounced.

"Good morning, little ones," he greeted them, placing bowls of food down. The kittens mewed happily, crowding around their breakfast.

After feeding them, Russia cleaned the house, ensuring everything was in order. The kittens followed him around, batting at dust cloths and chasing each other through the rooms. Their presence brought a sense of warmth and joy to the otherwise quiet house.

In the evenings, Russia would sit by the fireplace with a book, the kittens curling up beside him. He found solace in their company, their purring a gentle reminder that he wasn't entirely alone.

Once a week, Russia made his way to the Countries Building. The drive was a welcome change of scenery, the familiar path easing some of his loneliness. Upon arriving, he headed to his office, a small but comfortable space filled with paperwork and personal mementos.

He settled into his chair, reviewing documents and signing off on various reports. Occasionally, other countries would stop by his office for a chat or to discuss business matters. These interactions, though brief, were a pleasant diversion from his solitary routine.

One day, as Russia was going through his paperwork, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," he called out.

The door opened, and USA( America or just Ame) walked in. "Hey, Ruski. Got a minute?"

Russia looked up, a bit surprised. "Sure, Ame, come in. What can I do for you?"

USA closed the door behind him, his demeanor unusually cold. "I just wanted to talk about something."

Feeling uneasy, Russia leaned back in his chair. "Alright. What is it?"

USA stepped closer, his imposing figure towering over Russia, his presence sending chills down Russia's spine. "Listen, I know you're trying to find your footing after everything that's happened, but let me make one thing clear. I don't want you causing any problems or trying to compete with me. I'm the top here, and I'll stay the top. Got it?"

Russia's eyes widened, and he instinctively backed away, his heart pounding. "I... I don't want any trouble. I'm just trying to rebuild my life."

USA's expression hardened. "Good. Keep it that way. Remember, you're on your own now. No one's coming to save you if you step out of line."

Russia swallowed hard, feeling a cold sweat break out. "I understand."

USA took a step back, his posture relaxing slightly. "Glad we had this talk. Just remember what I said."

Before Russia could respond, the door swung open, and Belarus burst in. He saw USA when he entered his brother's office a while ago. "What's going on here?" he demanded, seeing USA so close to Russia.

USA straightened up, his expression unreadable. "Just a friendly chat."

Belarus glared at USA, his protective instincts flaring. "It didn't look friendly. I think you should leave."

USA held up his hands in mock surrender. "Fine, I'm going." He shot Russia a final, cold look before leaving the office.

As the door closed behind him, Belarus rushed to Russia's side. "Are you okay? What did he want?"

Russia shook his head, trying to calm himself. "It was nothing. Just some... misunderstandings. I'm fine, really."

Belarus's expression was still dark. "I really don't like him. You should stay away from him, Russ."

"I will," Russia agreed, grateful for his brother's intervention, but not wanting to worry him further.

Despite the busy routine, solitude weighed heavily on Russia. He missed Kazakhstan's presence, the easy companionship and shared laughter. His siblings called occasionally, and sometimes they visited, but their lives were busy, and these moments were fleeting.

Russia often found himself reflecting on the past, on the changes that had come with independence. He was learning to rely on himself, to find strength in his own company. The kittens were a comfort, their playful energy a reminder of life's small joys.

As days turned into weeks, Russia grew more accustomed to his new life. He developed a rhythm, a balance between work and home. The kittens thrived under his care, their antics bringing a smile to his face even on the loneliest days. He took pride in his work at the Countries Building, finding a sense of purpose in his duties.

Though the encounters with USA had left him wary, Russia found strength in his independence. He was determined to move forward, to build a life for himself that was fulfilling and meaningful. And with each passing day, he felt more confident that he could do just that.

______________________________________________

End of chapter...

A short one~