▶Chapter:84◀

The chapter:

_____________________________________________

3rd person pov:

Russia sat in his study, the weight of China’s confession still pressing heavily on his mind. He had been caught off guard by China’s words earlier, unsure of how to process the revelation that his long-time friend had feelings for him. Even now, hours later, the memory of that moment lingered, leaving him both flattered and confused.

Belarus knocked on the door before entering, sensing that something was troubling his older brother since he came. He had noticed Russia’s distracted demeanor throughout the day, and his instincts told him that it had something to do with China. He had seen the subtle signs over the past few months—the way China’s eyes would soften when they landed on Russia, and the occasional slight-blush that would creep up Russia’s cheeks whenever China was near. He had his suspicions, and now seemed like the right time to address them.

"Brother," Belarus began, closing the door behind him. "You seem troubled. Is everything alright?"

Russia looked up from where he had been staring at his hands, his blue eyes clouded with uncertainty. "Belarus… I don’t know. Something happened today, and I’m not sure how to deal with it."

Belarus walked over and took a seat beside Russia, giving him a reassuring look. "You know you can talk to me about anything. What happened?"

Russia hesitated for a moment, unsure of where to start. Finally, he sighed and began to speak. "It’s about China. He… he told me that he loves me."

Belarus nodded, not appearing surprised in the least. "I had a feeling something like this might happen. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, Russia. And, if I’m being honest, I’ve seen how you react to him, too."

Russia’s eyes widened slightly. "You’ve noticed?"

"Of course," Belarus replied calmly. "It’s hard not to, for those who are paying attention. China has been in love with you for a long time, I think. And I’ve seen how you blush when he’s around, or how your voice softens when you speak to him."

Russia looked down, his emotions in turmoil. "I just… I never expected it. I didn’t think he felt that way about me. And now that I know, I don’t know how to respond. I care about him deeply, but… what if I can’t return his feelings in the same way?"

Belarus smiled gently, placing a hand on Russia’s shoulder. "Brother, love isn’t always something that comes in an instant. Sometimes it grows slowly, over time. You care about China, that much is clear. Maybe you just need time to let those feelings develop into something more. But I can tell you this—China’s love for you is genuine. He’s not the type to take something like this lightly. He wouldn’t have confessed if he didn’t truly mean it."

Russia absorbed his brother’s words, feeling a warmth spread through him at the thought. "You really think so?"

"I do," Belarus replied firmly. "And I think you owe it to both of you to see where this might lead. You don’t have to have all the answers right now. Just take it one step at a time. But don’t push him away because of fear or uncertainty."

Russia nodded, feeling a sense of clarity begin to form. Belarus was right—China’s confession had been genuine, and Russia did care about him deeply. Perhaps there was more to his feelings than he had realized.

"Thank you, Belarus," Russia said softly, offering his brother a small smile. "I think… I think I should talk to him."

Belarus returned the smile and left. "I think that’s a good idea. Take your time, and be honest with him."