love at first sight (peterick)

a/n // "or should i walk by again?"
coffee shop au inspired by the work of art that is love at first sight by the brobecks
-
patrick just wants coffee.

he's just a short, weak college student with a high tolerance towards caffeine and a disliking towards meat. he isn't made for finals week.

so here he is, scribbling furiously across his 2nd to last copy of his music thesis. it's worth most of his final grade and he needs a good mark on it.
he twists the bright yellow pencil between his teeth, chewing critically as he rereads the thesis for what seems like the thousandth time.
he hates it.

"need a hand?" a bemused voice asks from over his shoulder; patrick whips around so fast his beanie nearly falls off, which makes the owner of the voice laugh.

he's short, although not as short as patrick; he's got short, fading bleached hair; his smooth, tan skin is covered in tattoos, his green-accented white work shirt (which has one button undone and has sleeves rolled up to his elbows) showing them off; and patrick's fairly sure he sees a lot of lean, toned muscle underneath his forest green work apron.

he's hot, patrick thinks, and he feels the blush burn up his neck as he reads the guy's nametag - pete, it says, and he can't help but giggle because it fits.

"could this be love at first sight?"
cute guy blurts out, before burying his face into his hands, groaning. "fuck, that was weird, and you're really cute, fu-"

"or should i walk by again?" patrick can't help but smile a little, the corner of his mouth lifting as he attempts not to grin. "the brobecks? hot and with a good taste in music. never thought i'd meet someone who ticks both boxes."

cute guy - pete, patrick reminds himself - goes bright scarlet, burying his face into his hands, letting out a light string of curse words before composing himself slightly, straightening up.

"i, uh, always see you around here and you're really cute and i was wondering if icouldgetyournumber?"

patrick practically giggles as he uncaps the pen he's writing with and writes his number on petes tan inner wrist, following it up with a looped love heart and three 'x's.
cute guy practically dies, he's so red; patrick pecks him on the cheek just as a gigantically tall guy in a similar uniform to pete's, minus the undone button, approaches; his name tag simply says weekes, so he assumes it's a nickname. he's got more structure in his facial structure than in patrick's entire life, and the most gorgeous blue eyes he's ever seen.
"finally got lover boy's number?" 'weekes' teases, an eyebrow slightly arched, grinning.
pete is still scarlet when he nods, which makes tall guy yell, "finally!" and let out a loud laugh, clapping him over the shoulder before moving back to the counter.

pete leans forwards, kissing him gently and softly, feather light lips drifting against patrick's. it's soft and chaste, and when they part patrick just beams.

"i'll call you?"

"anytime, lover boy."

a/n // cute awkward babies!!! for thankspatrick bc i love them lmao