Chapter 8: Being Normal

He felt she was so close, so near. He used every energy in his body to make her stay. He tried to give her peace through his abilities. He tried to calm her as she panicked. He did not want her to leave every part of him needed her, and she needed him as well.

Maria's mother awoke to a sudden fear in her heart. She could not understand what it was. She reached over and woke her husband Adam up. He moaned and turned over while rubbing his eyes.

"What is it honey?"

She looked at him with fear in her eyes.

"I don't know. I just feel in my heart something is wrong with Maria. Will you please go check on her."

He looked at her and searched for an answer in her eyes.

"Honey are you sure, I think she is fine."

She frowned and said

"Please honey I am a mother and I know when I feel something is wrong with my child. Something is wrong."

Adam reached over and turned on the light on the nightstand. Their huge master bedroom lit up with light. He slipped into his blue night slippers and walked out of the room still rubbing his eyes. Maria's mother sat there and waited anxiously for an answer.

Adam walked the down the long hallway. He passed by their wooden auburn china cabinet that was right next to Maria's room. He passed by Yacoob's room and looked at him and smiled. He was sleeping peacefully while holding his shaggy brown teddy bear. His night light projected blue stars on the ceiling. His room was filled with peace.

He knocked on Maria's door and got no answer. He waited about a minute and knocked again. Finally he opened the door and looked at Maria's bed. His heart sunk. He ran into Maria's mothers room and said

"Fatimah! she is gone, I do not know where she went, but she is gone!"

Fatimah's eyes opened wide and she screamed.

"Call the police, Adam!"

She ran out of the room with her night coat in her hand. Her mind was racing to a million different things. She prayed and prayed that she wouldn't have ran away or possibly be dead.

Maria kept walking up the gravel path and heard the gravel being smashed under her sneakers. She kept rubbing her arms while shivering. She walked for a few minutes and then suddenly stopped. It was in front of her, the place she dreamed about for months. It did exist the place really existed.

She kept walking up the gravel road until she reached the front of the steps of the huge mansion. She looked up and her neck hurt because the mansion was so tall. It looked more like a castle. There were vines that went all the way up to the top of the roofs.

There were three huge roofs at the top of the house. The windows of the mansion were old and dark. The house reminded her a lot of an 19th century Victorian home. She continued to walk up the stairs until she reached the huge two doors. As she begun to reach for the manual door knocker. She suddenly stopped.

She felt warm breath on the back of her neck that sent chills down her body. She heard a deep raspy voice say.

"You've came."

She started to breath heavy but was to scared to turn around. Her mind begun to race is so many directions. Was this the man she had been dreaming about for months. What was going to happen to her. What did he want from her.

Her mind begun to think about her parents. What if they woke up and came into her room and saw she wasn't there. That would scare her mother half to death. She knew she had to go home, even if he was there she had to leave. She would finish all of this after the annual fair.

She wanted to enjoy her 16 years before they could be snatched away from her forever. So she begun to speak.

He knew she had arrived so he began to run back to his home. In the midst of everything that happened he did not even know how he ended up so far away from his home. He understood how his father used to vanish for long periods of time when he was connecting with different individuals. He used to be able to do multiple people at one time. His father had so much power.

As he begun to walk back to his home. His body slowly stopped glowing. He walked slowly up the gravel path and saw her standing there. He did not realize how beautiful she was in real life. In his dreams her face was faded. He had never seen someone so beautiful.

She looked so alone and afraid. He stared at her for several minutes until he realized she was about to reach for the golden door knocker. That is when he rushed quickly upon her. He moved twice as fast as he normally did. He slowly whispered to her

"You've came."

He waited for her to reply but she stood frozen. He hoped he did not scare her. He could smell the downy laundry detergent emanate off of her sheer night gown. All of his senses were heightened. He was about to reach out and touch her shoulder and tell her he was here to help her but she immediately begun to say

"Please leave, please, please, please just leave. I just want to live the life of a normal 16 year old. I want all of this to stop. I've been dealing with all of this for so long and I need peace, I'm so tired I have so much to look forward to and you are just destroying that. Please just give me peace. ." She said while letting out huge sobs.

He immediately withdrew his hand and his heart begun to feel sad. He wasn't here to hurt her he just wanted to help her and make her life easier. But he understood, he knew what she was going through. He had always wanted a normal life as well. He wanted to be like a normal human and live a normal ordinary life.

He wanted to pass away at and old age after living a long life with his wife and children, and even grandchildren. So he stopped and stood there. He realized he would have to stop. He would have to try another way. He would have to take time and think of another way to help her.

He did not want to let her go this easily. He had came to far to give up now. Every part of him needed her. He needed her help as much as she needed him. He withdrew and left as fast as he came.

Maria felt a whiff of air blow in the back of her which made her brunette hair fly forward. She knew he was gone. She let out more sobs and then she suddenly stopped. She stood there in a daze and she felt so alone.

Even though she wanted peace, those few minutes he was near her was the best she had felt inside for months. She did not know she could have those type of emotions inside of her. What was he doing to her?