Prison

Cameron's P.O.V
I couldn't say a word to Sky, I was too ashamed I guess.

Ashamed that I couldn't be there to help her with the baby whether it was mine or not.

I had been in this police car for a good half hour now.

"How far away is this prison exactly?" I asked the policeman driving.

He just looked through his mirror at me and continued to look at the road.

"Excuse me? Sir?" I said.

"Just shut up, okay?" He replied.

The rest of the ride was silent. We had been driving for what felt like hours.

When I arrived at the prison I had to go straight to security.

I got searched 3 times, one of the times I had to strip fully naked.

Next I had to get changed into a bright orange jumpsuit and was givin a pillow, bedding and some toiletries.

An officer led me to a room which I would be sharing with 3 other prisoners. The best thing about this prison is there's only boys in it although my roommates looked scary.

One of them was old, had a big grey beard and was covered in tattoos. Another one looked as if he was in his late 30s and was 6ft tall and the other one was covered in piercings and looks around 50 due to drugs but is actually only 20 something.

The bearded man whose bunk was below mine told me had to make my bed and he told me his name was Earl. The other two roommates introduced themselves. The one who was 6ft tall was called Felix and the druggie was called Max.

"Im Cameron." I said whilst making my bed.

A bell began to ring and I was clueless to what it is.

"The bell is to tell us it's dinner." Said Felix.

"Ah, well they certainly know how to deafen us" I said.

It made my roommates laugh. This was a good start.

We left our room and headed to the cafeteria. I picked up a tray which was pale blue in colour and got in line.

The woman dished out a big lump of this yellow stuff which looked too lumpy to be soup but I was just going to pretend it was. Then she placed a bruised apple on my tray along with a blue moulded slice of bread and a cup of water.

"Could I get butter for my bread please?" I asked the women.

She laughed and said "this is prison not some restaurant and I'm not jesus"

What she said didn't make any sense to me. Nothing or no one in this place made sense and I had only been here a couple of hours.

I looked around the cafeteria for somewhere to sit when I spotted my roommates waving me to come and sit with them. So I did.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Soup" said Max.

"Omg.." I replied.

"If you eat it whilst holding your nose it doesn't taste as bad." Said Earl.

"Thanks." I said.

I tried to eat as much as I could without throwing up but after a few more spoonfuls I couldn't bare it anymore. I threw the rest in the bin and left back my tray.

I decided to go and have a walk around to see what the rest of this place was like. It kind of reminded me of Orange is the New Black except it was a boy version and people weren't making sexual contact everywhere you looked.

Thinking about Orange is the New Black made me think about Skyler because we watched it together. I missed her and she probably hated me right now.

When I got to the room, Earl, Max and Felix were already there.

"How much time you got?" asked Felix whilst reading a book.

"6 months." I replied.

"Lucky, I've got 2 and a half years." He replied.

"What you in for?" Asked Max.

"Attempted murder." I said.

"Nice, I'm in for drugs." He replied.

"Awesome" I said.

I already knew Max was a drug addict just by looking at him but I never said anything.

Hours ticked by and it was finally bedtime.

I lay there in my bunk just thinking about Skyler and what she could be possibly doing right now. Was she lying in bed crying because I couldn't be there for her? Was she getting on with her life because she didn't care about me?

I soon felt myself drifting off to sleep.

*Next Morning*

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I was awakened by another bell.

I kicked the covers from me and climbed off my bunk.

Max, Felix and Earl were still lying in their bunks.

I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

As I brushed my teeth I turned to my left and automatically regretted turning my head.

"Well well fancy seeing you here." He said.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I replied.

"I'm here like everyone else,to do my time." He replied.

"No shit! Why did you have to end up in the same institution as me?" I said.

"I guess it was meant to be my friend." He said.

"You make me sick." I replied.

"Good" he said as he walked away.

I made my way back to my room and lay on my bed.

"What am I doing with my life right now?" I thought to myself.

I positioned myself so that I was facing the wall and I instantly felt myself drifting off too sleep.

I was woke up by a guard shouting my name.

"Dallas! Wake up!" Shouted the guard.

Once my eyes adjusted to the light he said "you have a visitor, come on."

Who could this possibly be? Maybe it's my mum..