Caught *

A/N: As promised several chapters are about to drop and several more in the next few days. Hopefully I have the plot all mapped out!! Enjoy and thanks for being patient! xoxo

......................................................................

Damon holds out his hand to help Ember out of the raft that is tied up to the small island off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Shane, Stefan, Jeremy, Bonnie, Rebekah, and Elena are all unloading from the other boats. Ember looks around the rocky shoreline and zips her coat up snugly around her body.

The others continue to unload, everyone looking around the beach and surrounding forest suspiciously. Ember walks over to Bonnie and asks softly. "Does this place feel... off... to you."

Bonnie looks around. "It's definitely creepy." She admits.

"I just feel like... there's something dark... and it's waiting for us." Ember shares and Bonnie frowns in concern. Ember turns towards Damon who is talking to Shane.

"If you recall, the whole point was to hide the cure on the world's most obscure, desolate island." The professor is reminding him.

"Oh yeah? I thought the whole point was that no one found Silas, the oldest, deadliest freak in the world." Damon quips.

"Yeah, that too." Shane agrees.

Stefan is tying a raft off securely while Rebekah stands next to him glaring at Elena as she walks past.

"You know, you're not really helping." Stefan points out.

"You're perfectly capable of tying a knot." Rebekah disagrees.

"You giving Elena the evil eye, it's not really helping." Stefan clarifies.

Rebekah turns her dark look on him. "She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye."

"You know I can hear you, right?" Elena asks.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah responds.

"You know it was actually Jeremy that staked your brother and me that held him, right?" Ember  counters. "So if you want to be pissed at a Gilbert, you picked the wrong one." She shrugs.

Rebekah takes a step towards Ember and Elena vamp speeds towards her, grabbing her neck and pointing the white oak stake at her chest. Rebekah quickly flips her over and pushes her to the ground but crumples to her knees a second later as Ember focuses on her head.

"Ember!" Stefan admonishes and with a shrug Ember releases the spell.

"Then tell vampire Barbie to keep her distance." Ember warns. "Threatening my siblings is what got Kol staked and Klaus's heart ripped out. We have no problem putting her down to."

Rebekah picks herself up. "Go ahead, try and kill me. But then you'd have to face your real problems. Like the fact that Stefan invited me here, himself. I guess he likes me again." Rebekah taunts Elena and walks off. Stefan steps up to Elena and offers to help her up, but she ignores him and walks shoving the white oak stake into her bag.

Damon walks up to Ember and tugs her warm hat down more securely around her ears. "Looks like someone forgot her team-building exercises." He jokes and Ember huffs.

"I'm not apologizing for not wanting her here. Stefan just brought her here to make it seem like he's moving on and annoy Elena." She points out in aggravation but allows him to distract her by tilting her chin up to meet his eyes.

"You're right. But it's super sexy when you go all feral and overprotective witch. If you don't want me dragging you off in to the woods to make out, you might want to lay off." He warns playfully.