Author's Note

So, thank you for reading! Just making sure you all realize how much I appreciate it. (: 

Also, I'm stoked to say that "Secret Love" is at 70+K reads now! Which is...well, flabbergasting. Honestly. Thank you guys so much! :D I didn't think that would happen...at all. BLEW MY MIND.

Anyway, I'm just writing to kind of share with you my laments. This is mostly just me belly-aching.

I am...so unbelievably proud of this book thus far. And everything I have planned for it just...ugh. I'm really, really, really excited about this. I've never attempted a mystery before, but the tricks I think I have up my sleeve are making me very hopeful and happy. 

However, since I've never written a mystery before, I'm finding it just a tad difficult to get it all completely right. Now, I'm sure you all understand that there is a lot of editing that is done to a manuscript post-facto, but since I'm posting it as I write and saving the editing for when it's completely and totally finished, it's going to be a little shaky in the writing department. 

I say this because I know I'm confusing the stew out of some of you. And trust me: sometimes I'll go back and read what I've posted and smack myself...HARD. For the most part, I have all my thoughts in order...but the character's thoughts are a little more difficult to put together. I've never been in anything even slightly resembling these situations so it's been interesting - fun, too, of course - to try and put myself in their shoes. 

In any case, that is really the reason that I'm taking so long to update. This book is the best storyline I've come up with in a long time, and I really just want it to be perfect. I'm very hard on myself when it comes to my writing, especially the first time I attempt a new genre. 

Thank you for bearing with me, though! It means a lot to me that there are those of you who will comment and vote on every single chapter, no matter how far apart they are! Also, I'd like to apologize for not replying to the comments as much as I would have done on "Secret Love". It's just that I'm afraid that something I say will/could give something away...so I'm trying to stay as quiet as possible. But I still read and cherish every one so thank you and keep them coming!!

All this to say, I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am, and you can expect a new chapter REALLY soon.

God Bless and Happy Reading!