I'm not that girl anymore

The students of Hope high school were gathered around the entrance to the school like they normally were before the bell. None of them knew that today would be a day that changed everything for them. They stood around in their cliques. the football players that ruled the school. The cheerleaders that ruled the gossip. The athletically challenged nerds that only had each other to talk to. The spring athletics that impatiently waited for their turn to shine. Everyone segregated into where they believed they belonged. Even the less fortunate. The bottom of the social circle through no fault of their own. They knew at that moment that things would never change and boy were they wrong....

A loud rumble disrupted the useless chatter and gossip. Everyone looked around to find the sound no one recognized. Then someone pointed towards the road as four bikes came into view. Everyone anxious to see who the new comers were. No one moved to the town of hope unless born into it, so four strangers on bikes was a mystery. The fact that Maggie Andrews was clutching onto the leader of the group was even more interesting. As they dismounted they had a better view of the kind of people they were dealing with. Maggie was the first to dismount as she reached her hand out to hold her drivers helmet. When it was taken off revealing a brunette with aviator glasses and piercings people were in shock. When Ash stood from her bike, revealing her self in a fitted ripped jeans, a leather jacket, with a t- shirt that read "I LOVE GIRLS SO WHAT?" and a pair of laced doc martens people were speechless. Helen and Lauren in similar attire flanked her sides with looks that read dangerous with hostility. But everything clicked when the boy in their group took off his helmet and stood next to his sister, dressed in similar fashion with a shirt that said, "SO MY SISTER KISSES GIRLS! SO WHAT? DOESN'T MEAN SHE'LL KISS YOU."

Once people recognized Maggie's friends, all hell broke loose as everyone started talking at once. The group ignored them as they made their way to the administrations office as the bell rang. People stared at them as they walked passed, but none approached them. When they got to the office they were met with a woman that looked in her fifty's. Her name was Mrs. Waltz, and watched as she sized them up.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

Ash took off her glasses and she heard the woman inhale a breath disbelief. "My name is Ashley Riley, this is my brother Evan Riley and my friends Helen and Lauren Serrano. Were here to get our schedules please." she said softly.

The old woman was in shock for a moment having dropped the pen she had been holding. When she gathered her bearings she nodded her head and silently printed out their schedules. She handed them their schedules as the group looked them over.

"It looks like they put you all together." Mrs. Waltz said confused.

Lauren nodded still looking at her schedule as she commented absently, " Ash said the school's classes were pretty small in comparison to city schools, so  our moms requested to have us together. You know for safety reasons in which I'm sure your aware of."

Mrs. Waltz was shocked that the young girl was so flippant about something as major as their safety. But judging from the look of the group, and the drastic change in the Riley's, she didn't really think safety would be a issue. But that was just her opinion.The fact that she said mom's would definatley draw a negative reaction.  They all were polite and gave Mrs. Waltz their thanks and proceeded to their first class...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma was running late and didn't even bother getting a late slip. No one was going to get her introuble. She hated being associated with with her family and the Masters, but at least getting away with being a few minutes late was a perk. She rushed into Ms. Greene's home room class and gave a look of pity that normally got her waved in. But today there was twinkle in Ms. Greene's eyes and the smile on her face was almost blinding when she saw Emma come through the door. It felt like she knew something Emma didn't, and was excited to see it all play out. She thought that was strange, although her sister Meg had been in a cheerful mood today and thoroughly annoyed their father at breakfast. She actually found it quite comical.