No, never again

5 min to midnight....

"Leave it to you to risk getting killed by bigots and wild animals, for a girl," mumbled Amy as she was brushing leaves from her hair. The sisters made their way to the entrance of the bridge bickering.

"Oh shut it Ames your such a girl," snickered Ash

"I think that statement is stupid and invalid," shot back Amy

"You would counsler! Stop acting like we're climbing mount Vernon its just a trip in the woods after dark!" shot back Ash

"Yes a trip in the woods in a town, where a bigot already tried to kill you, where there are bears, on a unstable bridge, in the dark where your blind. Genius." shot back Amy throwing her hands up.

"Sop being a drama queen and shut it! Stop acting like you wouldn't being doing the same for Meg! If she asked you to strip naked and run around the woods without a flash light, you would be naked before she even finished talking!" shot back an amused Ash. She knew she had her sister when she heard no comeback and a deep blush on her cheeks with her eyes anywhere but Ash's.

"I'll keep that in mind for the future, might come in handy." said a grinning Meg, walking onto the bridge with an amused Emma.

Both Riley's whipped their heads around heads towards the Holmes sisters.

"What are you doing here?"asked a flustered Amy.

Meg raised her right eye brow at the older Riley. "Same as you I assume, making sure nothing happens to my baby sister." Meg told a still blushing Amy.

Ash and Emma smiled watching their sisters reactions to each other.

"Well since we haven't gotten the chance to really talk, we can each take a end of the bridge so we can still keep an eye on you girls." said a nervous Amy.

The three other girls nodded in agreement, both sets of sister splitting up to talk to the girl they loved. Emma and Ash started walking towards the Riley end of the the bridge, taking a seat looking out towards the calm river as their sisters did the same opposite them.

It was quiet for a moment, both seeing who would speak first. It was Emma who asked for this meeting so she decided it was her that needed to start the conversation, so she said the first thing that crossed her mind.

"Beautiful when you don't try. Its a wonderful read. I can see why you would choose those  words on your wrists. Its a beautiful sentiment to mark on yourself. For what ever reason you did, I think it was perfect." whispered Emma looking out into the night sky.

"I'm glad you think so. I got it for you. To remind myself even if I never got to look into your eyes, that I once loved a girl who I found was perfectly imperfect. At least she is to me." said Ash looking at Emma's face from the side. She watched Emma's eyes glisten as she continued to watch the stars. She couldn't look at Ashley as she asked the next question.

"How could you leave with out telling me." Emma asked through a broken voice.

"If you were awake as I cried for you, told you I loved you, how could you just leave with out a word to me in some way warning me. Taking a way any chance of saying goodbye. For a year I listened to them laugh as they said they ran you out of town. Talk about how you were dead and burning in hell. Do you know how scared for you I was? How many times I cried myself to sleep because the face I'd seen my whole life everyday was just gone." It was then Emma looked at her, her eyes pleading Ash for an answer as the tears poured from her face.

Ash took her hand as she answered her. "Because I needed them to see you just as shocked as them. Chris has hurt me so many times for looking at you, and I couldn't risk people starting to get suspicious about you. I knew you would hurt, but I also knew that what you said in my room, you said as a goodbye in a way. I knew you meant to never look at me again after you left, and I couldn't face rejection if you decided you wouldn't hear me out. But most of all I knew that if any one had the power over me to get me to stay it was you. I couldn't risk that or all that I went through, what we went through, would have been for nothing. " when she finished Emma broke out into a fit of sobs that racked her whole body.