Your one of us now

The next day ash knocked on the door of Mr. Jensen's hospital room. His wife who had been sitting in her chair next to the bed looked up at Ash with a look that read pure exhaustion.

"Yes?" she asked wearily. Her two boys were sitting on the other side of their father and when Johns eyes met Ash's he looked down in embarrassment. He didn't know she knew about his father and it probably looked like he was hiding it.

"My Name is Ashley Riley and with your permission, My group and I would like to come in and talk with you." she said gently.

Mary Jensen looked at her husband and when she saw his nod of approval the group entered. In walked Athena, Liz,Helen,Lauren,Ericka,Alex,Evan,Maggie, Her parents and the Riley's. The spread across the room and leaned against the walls as Ash took point in front of the bed and closed the door. She motioned to Lauren to shut the blinds of the windows leading out into the hallways.

"What's this about?" asked a nervous Mary.

"We and a group of many others have been made aware of your troubles and are offering our help. I don't know if your up on town gossip but are you aware of Justine Summers situation?" asked Ash

"We know, she works at the diner and lives in a house that's pretty much unlivable." said Mary nervously.

"Not anymore mom, Ash's group got her a good job in the town over and they fixed up her house. The Andrews even took her in while they made repairs." said a reluctant John.

Mary and Sam Jensen gasped as they looked at the group.
They looked at the members of their family and then towards the group in front of them.

"What do you want with us?" asked Sam.

"We have carpenters that are interested in buying some of the lumber on you land. They want to start at buying at least sixty of your trees, and to rent you working area as they make their furniture. They've authorized me to offer a substantial sum of money for it." Ash said walking over to the married couple and handing Mary the contract the carpenters had faxed over.

When the couple saw the sum of money offered they nearly stopped breathing. Her hands shaking, Mary took her husbands hand as she passed the document to him. When he saw the amount being offered his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Why would you help us, whats in it for you?" asked Sam curiously.

"There's nothing in it for us and we have a contract that you can sign that says we want nothing from you. The only thing we want is to help a friend in need and though you don't have much experience with us, you are apart of this town and in need. Were practicing our humanly duty of Love thy neighbor." said Ash

"If you agree, we also have a job for Mrs. Jensen should she want it. Its an assistant manager position at a distribution company. We were told you work at a warehouse and found a job similar to that but in a administration capacity only, she would only have to do minimal labor since its mostly a paperwork job. It's a steady 7-8 hour a day  job with weekends free. Its also during the day so you can spend the nights with your family. Maybe even take in a football game." Ash finished with a wink towards John.

"But I home school  Greg during the day." said Mary, her voice shaky.

With this Ericka, Alex and Mia stepped forward.

"My name is Mia and I'm your son's football coach. You may already know Ericka and Alex. We are guaranteeing the safety of your son as are many others. There are currently 3 openly gay students at the school and have thwarted any attempt of abuse. They along with the Football team and teachers will be instructed to protect him. He can even become our teams water boy so that he can stay at the school with john." she said. Turning to the four FFA members, she pointed to each member.