Scene 8: Ambush and Crash

The visit to their Psion friends proved to be more satisfying than Gormileaux could've hoped for. Not only were they eager to assist him, but they told him his plan to dispose of Komand'r and her sister was probable.

The moment they had left the lab, a guard approached them at a fast walk. "Commander Gormileaux, Lord Trogaar is looking for you. He has a new assignment for you."

"Is that so?" asked Gormileaux.

"Indeed," replied the guard. "Your presence is required at once, as are the presence of your three lieutenants."

"Very well," said Gormileaux. "Take us to Lord Trogaar."

Minutes later, Gormileaux and his men were brought before the leader of the Citadel. When he saw them, he nodded to the guard to leave. "Commander Gormileaux, I am pleased you answered my summons on such short notice."

The Citadel commander and his lieutenants bowed. "It is not wise to leave your superiors waiting when they call for you."

Trogaar laughed. "Well, it is good to see you have wisdom enough to know this." Hiding his scowl, Gormileaux inclined his head for Trogaar to continue. "One of your fellow officers was concerned you were bored spending your time here and thought you and your men would appreciate a mission to space. You are to scout among planets we have yet to conquer. You are to return with a list of possible targets. Do not return without it, or unless you are fired upon. A ship is waiting for you in the main Tamaranian hangar. That is all."

Gormileaux and his men rose and began to leave. Once he was at the door, though, Gormileaux stopped and turned back to Trogaar. "With all due respect, my lord, which officer was it who suggested us for this mission."

Trogaar smiled like he knew something Gormileaux didn't. "Why it was none other than Komand'r, Commander Gormileaux."

Somehow, the answer didn't come as a surprise, but that meant Komand'r was suspicious of his plan to deal with her. Maybe she wasn't sure of his motive, but she had to have set this up in the hopes of killing him and all the men she knew were loyal to him. However, he just smiled, eager to see how this would play out nonetheless.

***

The two girls woke up and got ready to leave immediately. It didn't take long for them eat their breakfast and finally meeting each other on the front porch. Both of them were packed with sets of clean clothes.

Jennifer was wearing her dark hair in a ponytail and had on a white tank top and matching shorts that reached down to her knees. She also had packed herself a pair of boxing gloves she had used for sparring.

Starfire, on the other hand, was wearing her normal boxing attire: her usual purple sport bra and shorts, the green fiery stars designed on the sides shun brightly in the sunlight. Starfire had told Jennifer it was time the galaxy finally came to know as more than just Koriand'r, and wearing these clothes was her way of sending the message. In her bag were more clothes, all of which were purple, the sacred color of Tamaran.

As soon as they were ready, Jennifer placed her hands around Starfire's waist, and the Tamaranian took to the skies. They were off now, off to the location Dick Grayson, who had told Starfire to call him Nightwing when they met again. Soon they would be on their way to Tamaran.

Soon they arrived at the edge of the city, near a small warehouse. Nightwing was there, wearing a blue and black suit. He was looking up at the sky, and it didn't take long for him spot Starfire flying in his direction.

As soon as she landed, Starfire saw him frowning. "Greetings, Nightwing. Is something the matter?"

"Well. . ." he said slowly. ". . .I don't remember us talking about you bringing friends along for this expedition. What were you thinking bringing her with you?"