24| First date

Please listen to 'zehnaseeb' while reading the chapter for better experience.

Vineet's POV

"Pyaar aapse hai to kisi aur ki taraf nazar bhi kaise uthaye hum."

She said and I felt like the world has stopped. Our faces were the closest to each other. One move and we'll end up kissing. I stared deep in her eyes to see if this is any of her pranks. When I saw seriousness in her eyes, I didn't waste another second before putting my hand behind her head and pulling her to me causing her lips to crash on mine. 

We stayed still. None of us moved an inch. The moment was magical. I forgot everything. The only thing that I could think of was her with me. Slowly, I began moving my lips along hers. She was still stunned and not moving so I lightly bit her lower lip.

She started responding to the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck. I put my one hand on her waist pulling her close and other behind her neck to keep her face in an angle accessible easily. We shared a passionate sweet smooch before parting from each other.

I rested my forehead against hers with eyes closed. Both of our breath became heavy. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at her. She still had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily. "Penguin" I called her softly. She opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile. "We kissed." She said in a whisper. I chuckled softly at that. She removed my hands from her face and started jumping while saying- "WE KISSED!!! OMG we kissed." I laughed at her. She looked so innocent and pure while smiling. 

She came running to me and hugged me tight. I instantly wrapped my hands around her. Just then I realized how short she was compared to me. Her head barely reached my shoulders. I just chuckled at that. "What are you laughing at?" She asked. "You're cute." I said kissing her forehead and smiled. Her cheeks turned red, and she hid her face in my chest causing me to laugh.

Since we were early, so there was almost no one at the campus at this moment hence no fear of anyone seeing us. But still, I wanted to ask her if she wants to make it public or not. "Penguin." I called her out. "Yes Winnie." She said and my words stuck in my throat.

"What did you just call me?" I asked perplexed. "Hehe...Winnie" she said chuckling. It's the first time she has given me a nickname and it's so damn cute. "Do you not like it?" She asked. "No it's cute." I said smiling. "Say" she said resting her face on my chest. "Do you-" I could not complete my sentence as we saw students arriving into the campus. Upon seeing them, she hurriedly parted away from me and quickly mumbled a byee and went.

Maybe she doesn't want to make it public. I went to my locker to change out of my practice clothes and pick up my bag before heading to my class.

Aanya's POV

I'm so happy today. I love him. And he loves me back. I was walking to my class happily. I constantly had a smile on my face and I think that irked Ahana as I saw her giving me a suspicious look. I ignored her because I didn't want to spoil my mood by her irritating talks.

I went to my class and took my seat. Soon the class started and the day went along with me attending lectures. Later in the noon, I had finished all my classes while I knew Vineet still had his classes. So, I decided to go the library to study for my upcoming exams. I was studying when Aarav came to me. "Hey!" He said. "hie." I nonchalantly replied not paying much attention to him or his talks. 

"I was wondering if you'd want to grab a coffee with me after college." He said and I immediately understood that he's trying to hit on me. "Why'd you want me to come with you to take coffee? Are you afraid of going alone?" I asked playing dumb. His face fell and I wanted to laugh at him so bad but maintained my posture. 

"Eh... if you don't want to then its perfectly alright." He said scratching the back of his head before leaving. I breathed out a sigh. I don't like the feeling of rejecting someone but I don't wanna give someone any false hopes. So I chose this way of a friendly approach of saying no. I hope he doesn't take it to heart and do any stupid thing. I don't think he's that serious to do something stupid. 

I closed my books and went out to the ground as by now, Vineet would've been done with his lectures and we could go home together. But when I went outside I saw something not so new but I didn't expect it to happen. When I went out, Ahana was holding Vineet's arm and was practically all over him. I don't really know what she was saying but she was definitely hitting on him. 

I went near to them to hear what he would say. I looked down as it hurt me but lifted my head when I heard him speak. "Stay away from me. I don't belong to you so it's better if you keep distance while talking. If you can't do that, then please don't talk to me." I couldn't stop myself from running into his arms right then and there. 

I hugged him in front of everyone and mumbled a soft 'I love you' to him. My action took him aback as he froze before hugging me back and saying "I love you more my penguin." I parted away from him when I heard everyone clapping and hooting. That was when I realized we were in the middle of campus and surrounded by almost everyone in the college. 

I quickly hid myself behind Vineet as my cheeks turned red and I felt embarrassed being the center of attention. Vineet politely asked everyone to mind their own business. Later we held hands and went towards his car. 

Hey all!

Here's the next chapter. Sorry for late update but I was busy studying for my upcoming exams which are commencing in early September leaving me with very few days to study for them. I'm sorry but until my exams, please expect slow updates. 

Please do vote and comment for the next chapter. Do not be a silent reader and show some encouragement to keep me motivated.

love y'all. Yours Nyraa.