Chapter 1- Begining

It was early in the afternoon when Halloween decided to get ready for he big meeting at New Year's place. As Halloween walked into the main hall she heard a noise coming from the kitchen. She walked in half expecting to see her sister Dia de Los Muertos messing about but instead it was just a black cat.

"For the love of all that is dead, Norman, what are you doing in here?" Norman meowed and jumped into Halloween's arms.

"Hungry? Need I remind you that you are a ghost cat? Therefore you cannot eat." Norman jumped out of her arms and ran down the hallway.

"Where are you going now?" Halloween demanded running after her cat. Then she heard a faint voice.

"Be quiet Norman! I'm trying to surprise Hally." Hally rolled her eyes knowing that it was her sister.

"Cat I know you're in here!" Hally called out walking into the library. Hally picked up a marigold from the floor and shook her head.

"And would you stop leaving your damn flowers everywhere?" It was silent for a moment.

"Catrina Calavera this is so not funny!" Hally yelled out.

"Of course it is." Cat's voice said coming from the marigold. Hally dropped the golden flower as if it was on fire. The flower changed into Cat who smiled brightly when she saw Hally.

"Hally! My favourite skeletal sister!" Cat exclaimed hugging Hally.

"For the last time we are holidays not skeletons now let go." Hally pushed Cat away and picked up Norman.

"Anyway, I heard that the after party at New Year's is gonna be better then any other ones."

"Of course it will be, it's New Year's what did you expect?" Hally demanded petting Norman.

"Something extravagant obviously. Ooo! Speaking of which I made everyone a Torta!" Cat said holding out a sliver tray full of sandwiches.

"Sounds fun, anyway I have to get dressed."

"Would you like me to help you put on some makeup?" Cat asked with her dark green irises screaming excitement.

"No I'm fine, why don't you go fix your hair or something?"

"I'm sure my hair is perfect already." Cat said fluffing her poofy, dark brown hair.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll be right back, don't do anything stupid. Norman, while I'm gone you're in charge." Hally walked into her bedroom and changed out of her black flannel pyjamas into black converse, black leggings, a black skeleton shirt and a black cloak to match her ensemble. Hally glided towards her mirror and started to apply face paint to make her face look like a skull- a symbol which both her and Cat shared- she also brushed her fingers through her dark green and dark purple hair and applied black lipstick. When her look was complete she started at her orange eyes in the mirror, as if they where having a staring contest.

"Good enough." She turned towards the door, picked up Norman and walked towards her sister whom was chilling by the front door.

"You look great sis! As always!" Hally rolled her eyes and stood next to her sister.

"Ready to teleport out?" Hally asked as Norman jumped from her arms and sat down not to far from the sisters; his tail curling around his feet.

"Take care of the house Norman." Hally ordered while Norman meowed in reply. Cat teleported out with Hally doing the same close behind. New Years lives in Canada with her cousin Canada day and her other cousin/ sister of Canada Day, 4th of July.

"So how has things been with Remembrance Day?" Hally asked trying to start a conversation with her sister.

"I don't know. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if my signals and hints are too off key."