Chapter 2- Raising

Hally woke up to the sounds of clanging. She sat upright and noticed that both Norman and the baby were gone. She jumped out of bed and raced through the halls until she heard Cat teleport in.

"Good morning my skeletal sister."

"Yeah yeah whatever I have to find Norman!" Hally said trying to pull away from Cat.

"Is something wrong sis? You aren't mad at me for bringing up mom and dad are you?"

"No no it's fine! I just really gotta-." Hally turned around quickly so see the baby sitting on the floor smiling at Hally.

"Hally what is...." Hally raced towards the baby and scooped her up.

"You aren't gonna take her!" Hally yelled clutching the baby close.

"Halloween let me see!" Cat demanded. Hally held out the little girl towards cat.

"Why isn't she just a little ray of Sunshine." Cat squealed taking the girl from Hally's arms. Cat danced around with the baby singing a song in Spanish to her.

"She's just a little Sol isn't she? What's her name?" Halt couldn't tell Cat that she didn't know the name of the baby she had to raise.

"Her name is..." Then Hally remembered what Cat had called her.

"Her name is Soledad." Hally said proudly taking Soledad from Cat's arms.

"You named her loneliness? No matter, I'm still calling her Sol for sun." Hally rolled her eyes, the two sisters and Soledad sat down in the library.

"How did you get her?"

"Her mother was killed, it was her dying wish that I raise her child because I put the man who killed her into prison." Cat nodded.

"Sol is a human."

"She is and I don't know how I'm gonna take care of her." Cat jumped out of her seat.

"I know just the thing! One second!" Cat teleported out of the room and when she came back she had a stack of parenting books.

"Cat I'm not gonna need all that."

"Yes you are! You're a mommy now Hally and it's time you took some responsibility for it! I brought you all the books I could find in both your and my library. I also, I brought you a box of mom's stuff! I'm sure you have dad's stuff, but don't worry I will one hundred percent help you raise little Sol."

"Wait, you aren't mad that I'm raising a human?"

"Hally you are the only one Soledad has, besides I couldn't be more excited to have a niece and she looks so much like us! She has a lighter skin tone, green eyes, brown hair and is super adorable. What more could you ask for in kid?" Hally glanced down at Soledad who was sleeping in her arms.

"I don't know what I got myself into Cat."

"Hey, you got this. You deal with dead people, so a live kid shouldn't be a problem." Hally shook her head.

"My job is to scare people on Halloween, how am I gonna take care of a kid?"

"I trust you. Do you want me to bring Genii here to help you?" Hally shook her head.

"The less who know the better. If those minor holidays find out about this they could cause even more trouble."

"Forget about them and I think it's time you fed the little sunshine." Hally looked down at Soledad who was starting to cry again.

"Okay, what to I feed her?" Cat held out a bottle with a white, milky substance inside. Hally undid the cap and crinkled her nose once she caught a wiff of the sent.