The Devils Mark

As they walked through the dark streets, Lilly turned around to Kiara, she had her hands on the scabbard on her hip. "This way." Andrew whispered. The group followed him inside of a dark alleyway, Lilly shivered and rubbed her arms under the leather jacket.

    "We're almost there." Hunter said suddenly a flash of light behind them illuminating the alley. They all tuned around to see a man in a grey pull over, he had blue jeans and a pair of black Nike sneakers.

    "Get out of here!" He yelled he came running at the group, taking out a throwing knife from the pocket in the front of his sweater and threw it at them with such force, they all ducked down and the knife flew by hitting a pipe impaling it. Water rushed out of it and dripped on the concrete.

    "Lilly." She turned around to see her Aunt Janice, standing in the alleyway. Lilly stood up and slowly inched towards her.

    "No Lilly it's a trap!" Hunter yelled standing up grabbing her by the waist dragging her back.

    "Let go of me." She struggled at his hold but knew she wouldn't be able to escape his strong arms. Andrew and Kiara slowly stood up taking out the Katana's from their crossed scabbard. The man that had threatened them started to run out of the alleyway. Kiara held the katana sideways the sharp end of the blade towards Janice.

    "Kiara put the sword down honey, no need to hurt this dear old lady." She said in a sly voice. Kiara didn't back down. Andrew looked at her and nodded his head a little. She attacked Janice holding the blade against her neck while Andrew raised her sleeves looking for a mark. He found it on her forearm on her right arm.

    "The devils mark!" Andrew yelled at Lilly. She still struggled at Hunter's grasp, she kicked backwards hitting him in the groin, making him let go of her. She ran over to her aunt and gasped at the mark.

    "Do what you have to do." She said to Andrew and Kiara she turned around, to Hunter he was laying on the floor in pain. Andrew moved the katana and pierced into the demons abdomen, it screeched and yelled Lilly turned around to see her Aunt Janice being devoured by dark bodies, she kept her eyes on the sight, as she knew her aunt wasn't with her anymore. She felt a rain drop on her cheek, the sound of rain was heard falling on the concrete, the compact alleyway made a cover for the rain not to fall. She walked out of the alley and into the pouring rain, dampened her clothing and her dark hair she walked on the side walk.

    "Lilly!" She heard her name being called but she didn't stop. She heard footsteps behind her. "Lilly stop." She was grabbed and turned around roughly by Hunter.

    "She was all I had."

    "We are your new family now, we will protect you, I will protect you." He hugged her and kissed her forehead. "Let's go back to the society, it's dangerous out here."