Far From Over

The rain hit the window hard, as she walk into the room, Lilly heard a sound that she couldn't describe. The beauty of the sound amazed her, the music was drawing her to the room it came from. She walked in, and was amazed by the piano, and the music, and by the man's swift fingers on the keys. Hunter wasn't just playing music, he felt like he was pouring his soul into the song. It was unlike anything she had ever heard before, suddenly the harmony stopped and a loud clanging sound was heard. "What did that piano ever do to you?" Lilly asked walking closer to Hunter.

    "I messed up."

    "But it was beautiful." He looked up at her and gave her a slight smile.

    "Thank you." He stood up from the piano and grabbed her hand in his. "Come with me I have to show you something." They walked through the dark corridors of the society and into a deserted area of the building, "this way." He said moving a dark red curtain out of the way, behind it lay a grand library, books in shelves sky high and a large tree growing in the center growing at great lengths the crown was a lush emerald green with the branches intertwining each other.

    "This is beautiful!" She howled, taking a deep breath of the cold air rushing into the library.

    "That's not the only thing that's beautiful." Hunter flashed Lilly a smiled, and motioned towards the staircase that led all the way to the books on the top. "What happened tonight, it was necessary." She looked up at the bookshelf.

    "I know, we just got there too late." He walked over to her and placed his arm around her waist, she shivered a bit and looked over at him giving Hunter a slight smile. She sat down on the staircase looking around the magnificent library. A drop of water was felt on her back, she looked up and saw that the ceiling had large gaps in it.

    "I forgot about the holes in the ceiling." Lilly stood up and got under the covered part of the ceiling. She felt Hunter's eyes on hers, she turned around to see him smiling at her, she moved her black hair behind her ear, and smiled shyly. He moved closer to her, as she walked back a bit, her hair became wet instantaneously he moved onto her she gripped the railing as he came face to face with her, they slowly moved towards each other, she put her hands on his chest stopping him from what he was about to do. "We should go, before someone catches us for being in here after hours. He walked in front of her rapidly moving down the stairs, Lilly carefully stepped down the slippery steel spiral staircase. She suddenly lost her footing, Hunter caught her but lost his balance falling backwards.

    "Thanks for breaking my fall." She said, his hands still on her waist, and her hands beside his head, their faces millimeters away from each other a grin formed on his lips looking at Lilly's sapphire eyes as she was admiring his chocolate eyes, Hunter roughly placed his lips on Lilly's she gasped at his sudden move, he closed his eyes melting into the sudden burst of love and passion for each other, she opened her eyes to meet his, she took a deep breath and rolled off of him standing up, helping him. Lilly started walking to the door when Hunter came up behind her, turning her around, pushed her lightly against the wall, and locked his lips with hers. He cupped her face, while she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down to her, he moved his hands down to her waist pulling her closer to him, she could hear his heart beat fast. He moved away from her. Suddenly the rain started pouring in harder making a curtain of rain around them, they laughed as she pecked his lips one last time, Hunter smiled, he took off his leather jacket and put it on Lilly's shoulder, then they walked out of the library and into the dimly lit hallway.

    Hunter walked Lilly to her room, she looked up at him once more before opening the door and disappearing inside, he stood there for a few minutes replaying what just happened in his mind. "When are you going to tell her?" Said a voice from behind him, he turned to see Andrew.

    "Tell her what?" Hunter asked.

    "You know, the secrets you hide, what you do when the sun goes down."    

    "She doesn't have to know, she doesn't have to know what secrets I have."

    "She has been afraid all her life of what happens when the light disappears, and now that she trusts you, you're going to break her trust?"

    "If she doesn't find out, I won't break her trust, and it won't matter what I do after dark." Hunter moved towards Andrew and whispered in his ear. "If you say a single word to her about my secrets I will slice your head off with one of Kiara's celestial katana's and mount you on the wall of weapons, understood?" He moved away from him and went back to his room, he looked out the window to see a light still on in the society, it was from Lilly's room. "What if she heard everything?" "What if she never trusts me again?" "The society needs her, I want her, but I know I can't have her." All of these thoughts flowed through Hunters mind as he lay down on his bed. He jumped up and rummaged through his wall of weapons, behind a throwing knife was a white stone on it engraved an hourglass slowly draining, his life was far from over.