Chapter 1

"What do you mean I'm being moved fields? This is an absolute outrage" I screamed at Claire's assistant.

This is ridiculous I've been working here now for a year. And by here I mean the genetics lab at Jurassic World. Now today I try to come into work like any normal day and I find I'm being moved fields. Goodbye genetics, hello Dino research. And I bet I know why, the old out of sight out of mind routine.

"I'm really sorry Miss.Winters but I'm under strict instructions to get you to pack up your work station and escort over to your new office immediately" the assistant informed me.

Growling in frustration I knew there was no point in arguing. I mean they could have just fired me instead, I guess I was just lucky enough to still keep some form of a job. I had managed to pack up my small amount of belongings into my bag. Slinging it over my shoulder I made my way over to the car. Jumping in the passenger seat I was ready to go. We had only been driving for roughly half an hour before she pulled up outside a security gate and told me to get out. Apparently I had to pass through security and get my new ID badge etc. a further half an hour later I emerged from the security building and was finally making my way up to the actual facility. Thankfully there was someone there to greet and guide me on my journey.

"Hi. I'm Barry. You must be the transfer scientist. I'm afraid I've forgotten your name" he smiled at me.

"It (Y/n). (Y/n) Winters." I smiled back. "So what is it you do here exactly and what will I be doing??"

"We're a research team. I think it might be easier to show you Miss. Winters."

"(Y/n) please. I look forward to seeing what it is your researching exactly."

We arrived less than five minutes later as what appeared to be a giant cage. "Um Barry. Are there actual Dinosaurs in that thing?"

He started laughing at me. "Of course. This is Jurassic World after all....Would you like to see them?"

"Duh...wait what type of Dinosaur?" I asked a little worried it might be a baby T-Rex. "Wait...did you say them?"

"Yes them. Their Velociraptors. Four of them to be precise" he added.

"Wait Raptors?" I asked stopping dead in my tracks "You have my Raptors?"

"Your Raptors? I'm confused" he told me.

"Oh..sorry..yeah im the Genesis who bred and created the Raptor embryos and grew the eggs" I stated rather proudly. " Can I see them please?"

"Of course...so you made them?"

"Guilty...they never did tell me if they survived or not...its great to know they did"

Barry just smiled at me and led me up some stairs onto a platform above the cage. Pointing down into the growth of bushes and trees below he directed me to where the Raptors where. I simply cannot describe the feelings I have now. All I know is that amazement comes up top. The raptors were just beautiful. I could tell instantly which was the alpha. I was just staring at them, completely mesmerised that I didn't even notice that another man had appeared until he spoke.

"Her names Blue. The one on her right that's Delta. The one on the left Charlie. And finally Echo" he told me pointing to each Raptor.

"Their incredible" I told him still looking at the Raptors "It makes being transferred almost worth it....hi I'm (Y/n) Winters by the way but please just call me (y/n)" I said finally looking up at him. Man he was gorgeous I couldn't help but think.

"Owen Grady but it's just Owen." He smiled shaking my hand. "So why have you been transferred here?"

"Well officially it says that my skills would be best suited over here but unofficially I think Claire didn't like me complaining about how she treats the Dinosaurs. I mean there not little dolls she can control and move around to suit her. There living breathing intelligent creatures. I just think they should be treated as such" I began ranting at him.

"I couldn't agree with you anymore. Hence why I'm here. I'm the Raptor trainer" Owen announced.

"No way"

"Yes way....watch" he smirked at me. Suddenly he whistled and began clicking this device. Amazingly all the Raptors began to gather underneath him. They looked up at him as if awaiting a new order. He clicked the devise again and began walking down the platform slightly. Even more amazingly the Raptors began to follow him. That is until Blue hissed and ran off the others in tow.

"It's a work in progress." He informs me.

"I'm not judging that was amazing...the way they reacted to sound...i wonder if they react differently to all sounds. Maybe different pitches equals different reactions. What if we can use music to train them?" I began to babble.

"Wow I can tell your going to love it here" He laughed at me.

"Hey..a girl needs something to do around here" I joked.

"Com'on you...lets go introduce you to the team" he Smiles at me.

That was my first day at the research centre almost two years ago now. Since that day I've grown close to the Owen and Barry. Owen more than Barry. A month into me starting work there he asked me on a date and well we've been dating ever since. The Raptors and I, well we have a mutual understanding : I feed them they don't bite me. My research into how music affects them is going great and Owen's training with them gets better each day, their finally starting to treat him more like the Alpha.
My life was perfect but it soon would change and my perfect little world here on Isla Nublar was about to change. Forever