Chapter 3

"Ah Miss.Winters you actually made it" Claire called out to me. "Meet my nephews. This is Zach and this one is Gray. Boys this is Miss.Winters she's going to be your guide for the day."

What?! She wanted me to babysit her nephews for her. "It's (y/n) please and how lovely to meet you....um Claire a word please In private" I spoke shaking each boy by the hand before turning to Claire.

She motions for me to step away. As soon as we were out of earshot of the younger boys I started "You want me to play Babysitter for the day! Are you serious?"

"I'll pay you double just please. I've got a super important meeting today and my new assistant is useless." she begged me.

Looking back over I saw Gray waving and smiling at me. He looked so excited to be here. I couldn't let him down. "Fine I'll do it..when do you want the back?"

"Anytime...just preferably before it gets too dark" she said looking at her phone. "ooo I gotta take this...Have fun boys I'll see you later tonight bye". And with that away she ran talking on the phone.

Turning round I came face to face with a smiling Gray. "So (y/n) what do you do here? I'm mean what's your job?"

"Technically I'm a genetic scientist. I helped create nearly all the dinosaurs on the island but for the past two years I work at the Raptor research station. I test to see if different music stimuli cause different behavioural reactions within the Raptors....anyway where do you guys wanna go first?" I told him.

"Wow..thats amazing so you actually get to be up close and personal with velociraptors every time you go to work...cool." He was so excited you could see his eye sparkling "Can we go see the T-Rex first please?"

"Of course...Zach you okay with T-Rex first or would you just prefer to Google an image considering you haven't put you phone down the entire time I've known you" I ask.

"T-Rex is fine...besides the internet here is rubbish" He smirks at me walking off with Gray.

Smiling I know today is going to be fun. I was right. First we saw the T-Rex feed. Then I managed to grab us three seat at the Mosasaur tank show. It was at the point when the Mosasaur drenched us all in water that Zach finally lightened up and put his phone away. I decided that the way way to get a tour of the Island and see some real life dinosaurs up close was to use the girosheres. The boys seemed completely thrilled with this idea. We had to jump on a train in order to get there so I took this as the perfect opportunity to call Owen and see how today's training went.

He picked up on the first ring "Hey babe how's it going with the Nephews?" He asked me.

"Wait how did you know I was with her Nephews?"

"Claire told me when I asked her."

"When did you speak to Claire?"

"About 10 minutes ago. She came down to the house to ask me if I would look at a new enclosure she had built. Told me it was for a new dinosaur. I'm just in the car on my way up there now. What about you? What are you up to?"

"Just on our way to the Hamster Balls....what new dinosaur?"

"A new species or something..i call you back later when I know some more yeah? Any way have fun being a Hamster I gotta go. I've just reached security and man is there a lot of it"

"Alright then...i guess I'll just see you later...Love you"

"Love you to...and play nice with the children" he says before hanging up.

Walking back over to the seats I left Gray and Zach in I noticed they were having a brotherly moment so I just patiently waited. Looking at them I subconsciously placed my hand on my stomach. I sat there wondering what would happen and thought about just how much my life would change. I just need to pluck up the courage and actually tell Owen. Suddenly the train came to a stop, grabbing Zach and Gray we all exited the train and made our way to the Girosphere line.

Roughly half an hour later though we had made it in to one of the Hamster Balls. Sitting on the edge with Gray in the middle we all set off. I don't know what possessed me to let Zach drive but I did. I was just glad they were both finally having fun. While they were trying to put run the dinosaurs in the Hamster ball I checked my phone one final time before putting it on silent and placing it in my pocket.

Suddenly the screen started flashing alerting us that we needed to go back but Zach wouldn't listen. He just carried on driving. While I was trying to take the controls from him without hurting him, he slipped through a hole in the fence and went into a new area of the park. Soon Zach stopped.

"See look here...we have Four...umm dinosaur creatures." He announced

"Ankloysaurus'... not dinosaur creatures" I told him.

"Guys there's actually five" Gray pointed fear plastered all over his face.

"No Gray... four... see..one..two...three...four" I pointed out each dinosaur to him.

"Five" he whispered pointing to the glass in front of us.

Looking at the glass I finally saw what Gray saw. It was scariest looking Dinosaur I have ever seen. It had pure white skin and blood red eyes. Covered in spikes it had a ridiculous amount of teeth. All three of us began screaming as we were kicked and knocked about by the dinosaurs who were currently having a giant death match of some kind. Eventually though we crashed into a tree and ended up upside down. Hanging there I motioned for the two boys to be quiet. The White Dinosaur was getting up to leave when suddenly. VRRRR VRRRR VRRRR. The sound of Zachs phone vibrating against the glass drew it over to us. It used its claws to drag us closer to it. Piercing the glass with its claws we all began to scream again. Deciding obviously that it just wanted to eat us it tried to eat the Girsophere whole. Thankfully its mouth was too small, so instead it just began smashing the ball up and down on the ground. Suddenly I had an idea as soon the layer of glass below our heads had cracked I unbuckled us all and we slipped out. Jumping up I grabbed the two boys with me and ran as fast a I could. A lot quicker than I would have liked the dinosaur figures out we had escaped and began chasing us. We ran even faster each one of us being given a whole new lease of energy as we were quite literally running for our lives. We reached the top of a waterfall I knew we had to jump or we would be Dino chow. Grabbing hold of their arms I prepared to jump.

"I cant" Grau announced pulling his arm away.

"Look it's either jump or be eaten kid...decide quickly" I shouted starting to panic as the Dinosaur was almost on us.

Gray just nodded and just in the nick of time we jumped. Landing in the water I gestured for everyone to keep underwater until the Dino had moved on. Eventually it got bored and wondered off. Launching ourselves out of the water and on to the bank we gasped for breath.

"You jumped" Zach told Gray pulling him into a hug. I gave them some privacy to have this brotherly moment while I checked my phone. Typical. Its completely dead thanks to the water. Still I'd rather my phone be dead than me.

"Guys we need to keep moving...it may come back and I'm not sure about you but I definitely don't want to here when it gets back." I told the boys.

Thy both stood up and we all began to walk off in search of anything that could help save us.