Chapter 4

"Gray..im really sorry for shouting at you back then. I was just scared....forgive me?" I asked the younger boy.

He hugs me "Its okay I was scared too....but were alive thats all that matters"

I hugged him back and ruffled his hair. "Lets keep moving eventually we'll make it back to the park." I smiled at him.

Suddenly Zach began to shout "Hey (Y/n) over here I see a truck"

We all race over and soon I wish I hadn't. I took one look at the blood soaked vehicle suspended from a tree and I threw up. Zach held my hair out of the face and Gray rubbed my back. Curse my weak stomach.

"Thanks guys" I mumbled. "Eo much for me being the responsible adult here" I joked.

"It's ok. You have a weak stomach. We grew up with violent video games nothing disgusts us" Zach joked back.

I playfully shoved him as I stood back up. Suddenly though we all noticed a door. Rushing over all three of us prized the door open and slipped inside. The building was massive and looked really old. We found part of a banner that said 'urassic p' and some old Dinosaur bones. Judging by how many there are I would guess it came from the remains of a T-Rex.
Suddenly it hit me "Guys. I think we're in the heart of the old park"

"Gray...you still got the matches?" Zach asked creating a torch from the old banner and a piece of bone.

Using the torch we walked round the building. Eventually we found a garage of some kind, there were lots of old tools and two trucks. Looking outside I noticed a road of sort.

"Look. I bet this leads straight back to the park. It must do...if only we could get one of these trucks working" I began ranting.

"Hey Gray remember when we fixed up grandpas old truck?" Zach asked.

Gray just smiled and they were off. They worked in perfect sync with each other so I decided instead of getting in the way I would keep watch for any form of trouble.

God I just hoped Owen was okay.

------------------------------------------

"So just to recap.. a genetically engineered hybrid super dinosaur escapes a cage its spent its whole life in and is now going on a killing spree headed in the general direction of the entire park population oh and not mentioning while we have that to deal with we're now out searching for your missing nephews and my girlfriend.......did I miss anything?" I asked Claire.

"Seriously Owen stop complaining. We never could have seen this coming" She retorted.

"Maybe that's because you cooked up a killer Dinosaur without knowing what ingredients you were using?" I snapped back.

"Seriously Owen give it a rest. We still don't know if their even alive and your not exactly focusing"

"They are alive. They have to be." I breathed not wanting to think that. Suddenly I noticed a smashed up hamster ball. "Claire look"

We rushed over there. Claire began panicking but I took the lack of blood and body parts as a good sign. That or they were swallowed up whole. Inspecting the smashed debris I found a tooth. It was huge. Showing it to Claire we both immediately knew what had happened. She began freaking as she found Zach's smashed phone on the ground. If I'm being honest I was starting to get more than a little worried but thankfully I spotted three sets of footprints run off away from the wreckage.

"Claire look" I said pointing at them. "They got out." I began following the trail of footprints until it eventually stopped on the edge of a water fall.

"They must have jumped. I mean where else would they have gone....right?!?" Claire stated.

"No they definitely jumped. We need to keep moving....how about you just go back to park and I'll stay out and look for them?" I told her.

"I don't think so...I'm coming to" She announced.

"Really. I mean look at how your dressed. You'll just slow us down"

She suddenly began rolling up her sleeves and unbuttoning her shirt.

"And that's supposed to mean what?" I asked her

"That I'm ready to go...so lets go" She began shooing me along.

"Fine. Lets just hope their all still safe" We began walking off in the general direction I noticed the others had gone.

Man I just hoped that she was safe.