Chapter 5

"Com'on stupid truck run" Zach shouted at the engine.

"Here let me try" I said kicking the bonnet. The engine spluttered into life. "Finally....everyone in now!"

We were all currently panicking because we had heard the ground rumbling and a roaring overhead.

"Don't even think about it zach!" I exclaimed when I saw him head for the drivers seat. I nudged him out the way and climbed into the driver seat myself.

"Awwww why can't I drive?" Zach complained

"Didn't you fail your driving test anyway Zach?" Gray asked.

"Only twice. So I don't see why I can't drive" Zach pouted

"Because I'm older. Now buckle up we better get moving or we're going to be lunch" I said putting the car into gear and slamming my foot on the pedal. We all got slammed back in out seats a bit but at least we were moving and had survived.

I wasn't sure how long we had been driving for but soon we saw the outer walls of the park. "Woo hoo" we all exclaimed happy to have made it out alive.

Suddenly Gray began tapping my shoulder. " Umm (y/n) you may wanna step on it" He suggested.

"Why? We're almost there anyway" I asked.

Gray just pointed behind him. I slammed my foot on the pedal so hard it actually touched the floor. We were being chased by Pterodactyl's. And they looked hungry. We begab screaming at the men on the wall toro open the gate. They just saw the dinosaurs abd freaked and ran.

"So much for being there to protect" I shouted at them. "Boys buckle up. Im gunna ram the gate"

The both looked at me like I was crazy but did as I said anyway. I tried to speed up as much as I could but I was already going so fast. I let go of the wheel just before we hit the gate. I flung myself back onto the boys trying to protect them just in case they got hurt. Thankfully they didnt but I was. I peice of the truck had crushed my leg. Yanking my leg out I scratched it and it begab to bleed.

"Guys you need to get out of here abd some where safe. With my injured leg and blood im just a beacon for the Dinosaur's. You need to leave me" I told them.

"NO" Gray shouted "We all stick together. Zach help me with her."

I just smiled at the two boys as they helped support me. "Thanks guys....we need to find Claire and Owen" I told them as we ran for cover. Well they ran I limped.

"Who's Owen?" Zach asked.

"My boyfriend. He was in the Navy he'll know what to do."

We kept running. Soon we found ourselves in the main clearing of the park. There were pterodactyls everywhere. They were swooping and diving dragging people into the air. It was a scence of utter chaos and panic. One guy even grabbed his drinks before running away. Alcoholic to the last minutes I thought.

We spotted Claires assistant. She was up in a tabke shouting at us. Not a wise move. Pretty soon she was snatched up by one of the pterodactyls. She was dragged away screaming. Luckly for her she was dropped into the Mosasaur tank. Better to be eaten whole than pecked to bits while still alive. I never liked her anyway. She was always so stuck up.

"(Y/n)!!!" I heard ny name being shouted by a familiar voice.

"Owen!!!" I screamed frantically looking around for him.

"Looks there's aunt Claire" Zach pointed out.

I looked over there and saw not only Claire but Owen. I sighed a breath of relief he was alright. We all ran over to them. Pushing people out the way I held onto the boys for support and to make sure I didnt lose them. Suddenly though something terrible happened. A pterodactyl attacked Owen. I was too far away to do anything but watch and cry in horror. That didnt stop me from trying to run over to him though. Suddenly though the sound of gunfire filled the air and the pterodactyl on top of Owen stopped dead.

"Aunt Claire just shot a dinosaur....cool" Zach announced.

Claire saved Owen. I was just too relieved to even care. Dragging the boys over to them I left them with Claire and jumped into Owens arms. I wrapped my arms around him crying tears of relief. "I thought you were going to be eaten"

"I thought you had been....oh (y/n) im so glad your safe....I love you so much" Owen told me. He moved his lips to touch mine.

The kiss was passionate and demanding. It was like we both had to make sure each one was still alive. When we borke apart I was panting slightly and not from running. I heard wolf whistling from Zach. I just looked at him and smirked. Then looking back at Owen I smiled.

"Guys we need to get to to the control room. Its indoors and safer than out here" Claire told us.

We all just nooded and began running. I had hold of Owens and Grays hands whike we ran. Zach and Claire ran ahead. We managed to make it to some form of shelter when Claire rang up control. While she was on the phone I knew this might be the last chance I had to tell Owen. I started crying knowing that if either one of died this information woukd be pointless.

"Hey babe its gunna be okay?" Oweb said pulling me into his arms.

"Owen. I need to tell you something. This might be the last chance I have to tell you and I dont wanna die without telling you." I began.

"Whats the matter? Your scaring me" he asked.

"Im pregnant"