Chapter 8

We burst through the front gates to the park. I jumped out the van dragging Zach and Gray with me. Claire took us into the innovation centre right into the lab. I felt Owen take me hand as we were running, his touch was comforting and reassuring.

We made it into the lab only to find it completely empty. "They evacuated the lab?" I questioned.

Just then we heard a crash come from a secret room. We all went to investigate. In this room were all kinds of creature all locked up in glass cages, a spinal column with all manner of wires poking out of it and soldiers packing up all kinds of tubes into a cryo-freeze containment box. Freaky was the word that came to mind. Suddenly we saw Hoskins. Made sense he was involved somehow.

"What's this?" Claire asked

"I'm afraid that above your pay grade sweetheart" he told her.

"That not a dinosaur" Gray randomly stated pointing to a computer screen.

On closer inspection I realised it was in fact the Indominus. Hoskins went on to ramble about how they planned to create an Indominus but Raptor size to use in wars. Why was it always about that with him. The dinosaurs are not playthings for him to use to what his imagination sees fit. I was just about ready to punch him when Echo sprang into the room.

Gray leapt back and clutched my hand. I squeezed Owen a bit harder too. We all just stood there thankful that at the moment Echo focus was on Hoskins not us. I heard Hoskins try and plead with Echo. "I'm on your side" he tried to say. Yeah like a dinosaur is going to care about that it's probably just going to eat you. And as if Echo could read my thoughts it attacked and really did start to eat Hoskins.

Silently gasping we decided to vacate that room, now. The boys tried to run back the way we came but Claire dragged us in the opposite direction. Would have been a good plan if Echo hadn't smashed through the glass and try hunting us instead. Screaming slightly we ran back the opposite way. Once we made it out side we came face to face with Blue. Trying to run the other way only to have Delta hiss in our faces. I clutched onto my stomach and Owens hands, tears streaming I genuinely thought this was the end. I'm pretty sure I heard Delta growl softly to me, just like she had back at the enclosure, but with a hiss from Blue that soft growl returned to venomous hissing. Owen began talking.

"Wow. After all I've done this is the thanks I get." He stated to no one in particular but aimed it at the Raptors. He then looked at Blue and began to move his hand towards Blue's face. "It's okay" he began repeating over and over. To say I wasn't a little scared for his safety right now would be a lie, but I knew he knew what he was doing. Sure enough after un-clipping the straps around Blue's head she instantly softened and began growling lightly.

Not surprisingly the Indominus burst through into the park square. She did her little growl communicating thing with Blue but by the miracle that is the genius of Owen Grady, my boyfriend, Blue just hissed back and went to attack her. I screamed in anguish as Blue was flung into the corner of a building. The other two Raptors roared at her but waited for Owens command. Throwing me to Claire and the boys he whistled for the Raptors to attack and began shooting the Indominus himself.

Shouting at him, I was dragged back by Zach and Gray into a concession stand of some sort in order to hide in. Hiding I tried but I also watched the events unfold outside. I watched in horror and Delta was flung into a fiery pit. I watched as that spurred Echo on only to die shortly too.

"More teeth" I heard Gray mutter "WE NEED MORE TEETH" He loudly announced.

Suddenly and idea popped into mind. Grabbing a flare from the medical box on the wall I snatched the radio off Claire and told them all to stay hidden. Jumping over the stand I began running to my destination.
I heard Owen call my name but I ran on anyway. Reaching paddock 9 I radioed over to Lowry. "Open Paddock 9" I told him. He began muttering stuff about me being crazy so I shouted at him "Dammit Lowry be a man and do something for once in you life"

"Jeez no need to make it personal" I heard him say before the gates began opening.

I popped the flare and felt the rumbling of the ground and heard the thundering footsteps before I even saw it. I waited until the T-Rex was right onto of me almost before I began sprinting back to the square. To say I was petrified of being eaten before I made it back was definitely true but I was also high on adrenaline so I knew I could do it. I threw the flare onto the Indominus who was currently trying to destroy the concession stand that the others where hiding in. I heard the T-Rex's ear splitting roar and dropped to ground as it charged at the Indominus. I looked over and saw the others staring at me from the destroyed stand. "RUN" I screamed at them before also running to hide behind one of the many ridiculously big decorations that I always hated but today loved more than anything.

The others made it over to me and Owen pulled me into a huge hug. I noticed he had tears eyes. "Don't ever do that again. I thought you might have died" He told me. I just smiled at him but didn't say anything.

Turing back to the dinosaur death match I noticed they were almost evenly matched but were heading out way. We began to move avoiding bits of flying debris and dinosaurs battled. But suddenly we heard the defeated roar of the T-Rex. Looking over we saw the Indominus about to snap it's neck when suddenly we heard a familiar Roar. I saw Blue come charging at the Indominus a look of what I imagined was pure hatred in its eyes. This gave the T-Rex the moment it needed to recover and begin wave two of its attack. The fight between the three dinosaurs was hard to describe. It was full of primal instinct and blood thirsty rage. It was definitely not like anything I've ever seen in this world. The Indominus was soon forced back to the edge of the Mossaur tank. As it was getting back up to fight the Mossaur leapt out of the water and snatched it up. I released a breath I didn't know I had been holding. It was finally over.

Blue and the T-Rex had a bit of a stare off but thankfully they both just left each other alone. Poor Blue looked lost but still turned to Owen who motioned for her just to leave. She had done enough. Why keep her here any longer. I watched saddened, that I would never see Blue again, as she ran off.

We then all decided a group hug was in order. It was full of tears and relieved sighs. I'm just so happy to be alive. Leaning on Owen we all began to walk to towards where the ferries would be leaving. On the boat I stood with Owens arm wrapped around me watching my home for the past few years disappear into the distance. Wondering if I would ever return? and what exactly would the future hold for me now?