Chapter 1

Soooo Hi people...

This story is copyrighted!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"DAD! HOW COULD YOU? I TRUSTED YOU FOR PRACTICALLY ALL MY LIFE! AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?" I had said as I pointed towards my mother, who was lying unconscious on the floor, surrounded by her own blood. Using every ounce of strength I had, I punched my father in the guts.

He doubled over. Good, I thought He deserved it.

The last thing I remembered before passing out, was hearing the sirens of an ambulance, which I must of called at some point.

Two days later....

"Scarlett?"

Somebody had said. I had opened my eyes and saw a doctor.

Then, somebody opened the door. A man in a navy blue outfit walked in. He had asked me a bunch of questions. I had mostly replied with yes and no's. Most of the questions were about my father and my dead mother, which I had learned died in the Ambulance due to loss of blood.

When I was released from the hospital, I was taken to child care, and later on put into a foster home, with a woman called Jayde.

And all that had happened in a 3 days time.

~*~*~*

"Scarlett? Do you want a sandwich?" Jayde asks me with a cocked head.

"Yeah, okay." I reply, reaching my hand out.

Jayde places a sandwich in my hand. I take a bite and taste the ham, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and mayo. I look over at the sea, where 2 boys were surfing. I finish my sandwich, and take of my tank top and shorts.

"Where are you going?" Jayde asks.

"Swimming," I answer. "You wanna come?"

"I can't, I need to look after the picnic."

I walk in the sea. With the water splashing slightly around my ankles, I feel like I could stand here forever. I walk deeper into the water. Suddenly, a sharp pain stings my heel. I collapse onto the sand. Groaning in pain, I sit up.

"Are you alright?"

I look up and see a boy with dirty-blonde hair.

"Does it look like I am?" I snap.

He ignores me, and look at my foot.

"Come with me." He tells me.

"I said, Leave. Me. Alone!"

Jayde comes over, and says,

"Scarlett! What's wrong?" She frets.

I point at my foot. She looks at it, and makes a face.

"What's that?" She asks as if I would know.

"She got stung by a sea urchin." The dirty-blonde haired boy says.

The next thing I knew, I was being carried to the medical thing place.....

"What's wrong?" A woman says, as she sits me and herself down.

"I got stung by a sea urchin." I grumble.

"Okay then. This isn't going to hurt." She replies while taking out tweezers.

"So they say..." I grumble.

As soon as the urchin spike is out, I stand up and walk towards the door.

A boy with brown hair walks in.

"Dude! There you are! I thought you ditched me!" He says. He looks at me and whistles.

"Don't flatter yourself." I sneer, before walking out, leaving Jayde to apolgise.

I go for a walk along the beach and come back to Jayde packing up our picnic things. I follow Jayde to the car, only stopping because Jayde drops something. When we get into the car, she sighs.

"What?" I ask.

"You could at least try to be friendly you know? You have to go to school tomorrow and meet new people whether you like it or not." Jayde says looking at me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I reply.

When we arrive home, I take a shower, pick my clothes for tomorrow, and go to bed.

~*~*~*

Jayde drops me off at school.

I'm wearing a long-sleeved collared-shirt, with baggy pants and a cardigan. My red hair was tied into a messy bun. I sling my black and red bag onto my shoulder.

I walk into the reception. The woman behind the desk looks up.

"Scarlett Fabbo?" She asks.

"Scarlett Leasor actually." I don't want to use my father's surname. Not after what he did.

She types something into her computer before passing me my schedule.

"Locker 380, combination 5-1-9." She says before waving me away.

After 10 minutes of searching, I finally find my locker.... with somebody standing in front of it.

I walk over.

"Can you move over?" I say.

The dude turns around.

"Fancy seeing you here, Scarlett." The dude says.

"Grant?"

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Remember to vote, comment and add to your reading list!

Bye fellow earthlings!

Scarlett ---->

Luv u guys!

XoEmzyoX