Chapter 3

Sup' trusty steeds! :D

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"You again......" I sigh.

"That was not me. It was Caley." Alex says, stepping aside to reveal the brown haired boy - the other surfer - boy.

"Doin' anything tonight?" Caley smirks.

"Yes!" I say.

"What?" Caley says, sounding shocked.

"None of your business."

"Why are you at this school anyway?" Alex cuts.

"None of your business." I say again.

"You want to go see a movie tonight?" Caley ask.

"I thought I already told you to stay away from me." I glare at him.

"How can you not be attracted to this?" Caley gestures to himself. Well, he tries to, since he's in a car, with a steering wheel inform of him.

Jayde chooses to come back outside right at that moment.

Caley wolf-whistles. Jayde looks around, startled. Her eyes lay on Caley, and she starts checking him out.

"Look who's here! Are you her sister?" Caley points at me.

"No, I'm her foster mother." Jayde laughs nervously.

"No! You're too young!" Caley fake gasps.

Jayde giggles. She's never giggled before.

"Gross, Jayde." I protest.

"Cute name. At least somebody is attracted." Caley says, emphasizing the word 'Somebody'.

Jayde blushes. The end of her ears turns into a light shade to pink. I roll my eyes.

"Are you two skipping school?" Jayde questions.

"No! No! I just went home to change into clean clothes, since the clothes I was wearing before got splattered with blood." Alex says, hurriedly.

"I'm skipping school though!" Caley adds, proudly.

"You shouldn't be! I will tell Mr Lattle." Jayde says.

"Not if I can help it!" And with that, Caley drives away.

Alex smiles apologetically before dodging past Jayde and I into the school.

"Isn't that dirty-blonde-haired boy nice?" Jayde compliments as soon as Alex is out of ear-shot.

"It's Alex." I correct.

"And the brown haired one?"

"Caley." I inform Jayde.

Jayde nods knowingly before walking to the White Holden Barina Spark.

~*~*~*

The next morning, I'm curled up in bed. Suddenly my cosy cover is gone.

"What the fu-" I start.

"Language!" Jayde cuts.

"Why are you waking me up? It's not like I have school today!" I whine, rubbing my eyes.

"You're suspended, it's not a holiday."

I sigh, and crawl to my bathroom. I take a 20 minute shower that ends with Jayde pounding on the door. I slowly towel myself dry, and get changed. I drag myself downstairs. Something crashes into me.