Chapter 2

Hi peeps

* * * * * * * * * * * *

          "Grant?"

          "Long time no see." Grant smirks.

          "Why are you here?"

          "What? Can't I see my own girlfriend?"

          "Ex-girlfriend" I correct.

Grant rolls his eyes, and leans in to give me a kiss. I try to push him away.

          "OI! Stay away from her." I hear someone behind me yell.

I spin around. Grant gets a mouthful of hair. The dirty-blonde haired boy from yesterday runs up to me.

          "Who are you?" Grant sneers.

          "I'm Alex.”

          "What are you going to do about it pretty boy?” Grant retorts.

          "Mr Lattle told me to look after her." Alex grins at me.

Grant glares at Alex before walking away.

          "Who's Mr Lattle?" I grumble.

          "Our principal." Alex says. "He should not be taken lightly."

I open my locker and take out my maths books, history book and my English book.

          "Onwards to maths!" Alex says.

I roll my eyes and follow him. I really want to push him away, but since I didn't know the way to our maths class, I had no choice but to follow him.

When we get to class, I walk towards the back.

          "Scarlett? Come the front and introduce yourself." The teacher says.

Grinding my teeth, I walk to the front.

          "My name is Scarlett." I mumble.

          "Don't be shy." The teacher, Mr Robinson says.

          "I'm not shy." I say, louder this time.

A few people roll their eyes.

          "Talk to us about your interests. Your hobbies. Your family! Yes! Your Family!" Mr Robinson suggests.

I couldn't take it anymore. I lunge at the teacher, fist raised. I hear a sickening crack, as my fist meets the teacher's nose.

Kylie's POV

OMG! The new girl just, like, punched the teacher's face!

Alex POV

Shiz! I run up to Scarlett, and push her away from her teacher. She's smirking. What the hell is wrong with her? I half-help, half-carry Mr Robinson the nurse. His nose is bleeding freely, dripping blood on the floor. Luckily everyone parts for me. They wouldn't be too pleased if I had to push them with my bloody hand. Finally, after what seemed like an hour, we reach the nurse's room. I open the door and gasp. The nurse, Miss Winters, pulls away from Carter  - A popular boy -  as if he was on fire. Miss Winter's whole face turns red, while Carter just smiles at me. Suddenly, as if reminding us that he was still here, Mr Robinson slumps to the floor.

Miss Winter helps me to get Mr Robinson to a sitting-position, and shoos Carter out. She wipes the blood off his face, without wincing. She must deal with this sort of things a lot. She stuffs some tissue up his nose, and passes him a glass of water. Mr Robinson sips his water while Miss Winters passes me a slip, saying that I was allowed to go home and change into some clean clothes, and that I will be back around last period. I thank Miss Winters before leaving.