Chapter 8

Here it is!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

A person dressed in black jumps out of the bathroom.

I gasp.

"Hey Scarl." A deep voice snarls.

I stand there. Frozen.

"Where's Jayde?" I finally choke out.

"She wasn't that hard to take out." I peer behind the man. Jayde is passed-out on the floor, blood seeping out of her head. A broken cup is beside her.

I gasp.

"Now it's your turn." He puts a rag wet with chloroform up to my mouth. I black-out.

~*~*~*

Alex's P.O.V.

It's 9pm. I pick up my phone and call Scarlett.

I let it ring for 5 minutes before hanging up. That's weird. She always has her phone on her. I decide to let it pass. I drift into deep sleep.

~*~*~*

The next day I drive to school on my new car. I got my license 3 days ago. I arrive at school and wait at Scarlett's locker.

The bell rings. I walk to my first class.

The teacher is talking about World War 2, but I'm am too busy texting Jayde, waiting for her to reply. Suddenly I get a reply.

Hello. It's Jayde

Where's Scarlett?

Not sure.... she didn't come back yesterday.... I found her phone on the floor when I gained conscious

WAT? GAINED CONSCIOUS?

Come to the house after school. I'll explain then

OK.... bye....

I put my phone back into my pocket and pay attention to the teacher... partly. I'm still wondering about what Jayde had meant.

~*~*~*

Jayde's P.O.V. (About 3 hours ago (In the morning))

My eyes flutter open. I sit up and hold my head. I have a huge headache. I feel a sticky substance on my fingertips. I pull my hand away from my head. I stare at the blood on my fingertips and on the floor. My eyes look at the glass shards surrounding me. I stand up. I limp over to the mirror. I stare at my bloody state. I wipe off the blood with a wet tissue. Luckily the cuts weren't that deep. I clean the floor and throw away the shards. I limp out of the bathroom. I look around for Scarlett. I search every room. There was no sign on her. I limp back to the hallway. Something was flashing on the floor. I crouch down and pick up my phone. 69 unread texts, 12 missed calls from Scarlett's friend Alex I read the latest text.

SCARLETT! PLZ REPLY!

I reply Hello. It's Jayde

Where's Scarlett?

Not sure.... she didn't come back yesterday.... I found her phone on the floor when I gained conscious

WAT? GAINED CONSCIOUS?

Come to the house after school. I'll explain then.

OK.... bye....

I look around to see if anything was stolen. The answering machine was flashing. I listen to the message.

"Hello. This is Constable Hood. I am just letting you know that Mr. Fabbo has escaped from jail. If you have seen him, or if you have any worries, please do not hesitate to call or come to the station. Good day."

I hurriedly call them back and tell them what happened.

~*~*~*

Scarlett P.O.V. (After the kidnapping)

I had woke up about 20 minutes ago. The van I was in suddenly stopped. My voice was hoarse from all the shouting for help. The door opened. A sack was tossed over my head. A pair of arms picked‎ me up and walked. I hear a door open. I was laid on the floor. Gently. The bag over my head was pulled off. A teal room surrounded me. A double bed, make-up, walk-in wardrobe full of clothes. My dad smiles at me. Warmly. WTF? He sees me expression and sighs.

"I know what I did was wrong."

"OMG! REALLY? THANKYOU FOR TELLING ME. I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN OTHERWISE." I say sarcastically.

"Scarl, I hope we can start over." I scoff at him.

"Oh! Sure! I can totally forget what you did like that." I snap my fingers. I emphasize the word totally.

"Scarlett Ally Fabbo, you aren't making this easy." My 'dad' only called me by my full name when he was mad.

"It's Leasor, actually." I retort.

"That's it!" My 'dad' slammed the door behind him.

"Finally!" I scoff. I remember my phone in my pocket.

~*~*~*

Alex's P.O.V.

As soon as the bell rang I was out of the school and speeding towards Scarlett's house. I pull into her driveway. I burst into the house and into the living room.

"You should lock your door you know?" I tell Jayde who's on the couch. "What happened?"

Jayde sits up.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I know this is short, but I felt sorry I made you guys wait this long so....

Waited almost 8 weeks for this.... :'( sorry

XoEmzyoX