4

The next day Ashley comes walking out of a ward when she notices Mitchell talking to a policeman. A short man with ginger hair and a nasty smile. The conversation seemed to be quite tense and Mitchell's calm face was beginning to contort and turn angry. Ashley just kept walking, she didn't want to interrupt whatever it was.

Mitchell's eyes scan the corridor in frustration, finding Ashley he casts her smile then excuses himself from the policeman and runs up to her. "You can't run from us Mitchell!" the policeman shouts. He then smirks to himself and whispers "especially not now." It was quiet but Ashley heard it and felt sickened.

"What was that about?" She asked Mitchell, but he seemed to shake it off. "It's nothing Ash, just we don't get on, once upon a time we were friends but not now." Mitchell muttered, Ashley decided not to pry any further partly because she knew everyone had secrets and she wanted to keep hers to herself too and partly because she could feel her cheeks going red and a smile forming on her face due to the way he said her name. She had to remain quiet as she was worried no coherent words would leave her mouth if she tried to form a sentence.

"So what you up to?" Mitchell then queiried, braking the silence and snapping Ashley out of her dreams . "I am going home and going straight to bed, the night shifts really don't agree with me" she replied laughing. "i suppose you are in desperate need of some beauty sleep" Mitchell stated chuckling but he recieved a punch in the arm for it. George then appeared in front of the pair. Over the last week or so Ashley had become incredibly close to George and Mitchell and viewed them as brothers. They walked her to her car chatting and cracking jokes then wished her goodnight as she clambered into her little fiat and drove off.

The sun was just begining to rise. Ashley got home and there on the sofa was her flatmate Rosie watching Jeremy Kyle. "Someone's had a good night" Rosie teased, knowing Ashley's hatred towards nightshifts. Ashley just sighed at her, although technically it was true, her time with George and Mitchell was always pleasant. The funny policemen still stuck in her mind though, his muttered parting words echoing through her head.

She went upstairs, finally disregarding her strange shift and threw herself onto the bed, her head hit the pillows and she fell asleep instantly. Ashley slept soundly until her room was illuminated by a bright light and a loud noise. She woke up with a start then realised it was only her phone.

"Hello?" She asked roughly "Aw have a just woken Princess Ash up" she immediately recognised the irish voice laughing at her down the phone. "Do you want something or have you just rung to annoy me?" she asked. "Well i was wondering if you fancied going out for a drink tonight?" "I dont know like, i had made plans to stay in and watch some paint dry but i suppose i could save that for another night" she answered jokily.

"Great ill text you with the details once ive figured them out, see you then." Mitchell's jolly tone then went and he put the phone down. Ashley figured it was proabaly time to get up and get ready so she pulled herself out of bed and was about to leave the room when Rosie came bounding in. "Afternoon!" she shouted "time to get up and get ready for you hot date" she continued. Ashley just looked at her, knowing she had been eavesdropping. Ashley had told Rosie- whom she viewed as a sister- everything about her new friends expect the issue with Mitchell's eyes but Ashley had convinced herself she was seeing things. Ashley finished curling her hair and doing her makeup and put on a plain black dress and mini boots then grabbed her jacket and keys.

As she turned the handle of the door her phone began to ring again, she answered it, listened then began whining down the phone. "who was that?" Rosie questioned "work, apparently it's urgent they need me as there has been a big accident, shit what about Mitchell!?" Ashley just stood there, panicking until Rosie popped forward with a smile on her face.

"I'll go and see him and tell him you had to work, it's no bother and I'm dying to see what this hunk of yours looks like." After standing and looking at Rosie for a bit Ashley nodded and ran into a hug "thanks so much rosie, love you". "Love you to Ash". Then Ashley left the house and drove to work whilst Rosie got ready to go and meet the man she had heard so much about.