Chapter 15

POV of Lea:

"Ugh! Why am I so fat?" I complained. The car jerks up. "Watch it!"

"For the last time you are not fat you are pregnant! There's a difference!" Jessica shoots back. Oh no she didn't.

"Girl, you better watch that tone. I may be a bit disabled but I can still whoop your ass." I warn playfully.

"Whatever. You've been fighting alot lately, y'know. A little too much, if you ask me."

"Well, no one asked you!" I shot right back playfully.

We are currently on our way to the mall, apparently I 'owe' her last time around the incident. It's not my fault Michael is a pain in the backside.. Literally. Such an asshole.

Jessica slows down and turns to me, so I turn to her. It's as if she's trying to understand everything that's happened and read my thoughts. I can't blame her though. It's been pretty hectic. Kicking people around, cursing like an insane sailor, eating like there's no tomorrow, you know.

"Yes?" I raise a brow clearly confused. What did I do?

"So that was your ex, huh?" She asks and taps her fingers on the steering wheel stretching her jaw side to side.

"Yep." I say. "He was fine, finer than fine.. When I first saw him it was mad love. He was this nice, charming gentlemam who had this alluring scent that you couldn't resist. You just couldn't! He smelled so good.. Anyway, he would take me out to dinner, take me to the movies, go to the fair with me.. It got real serious." I sigh deeply and smile, closing my eyes. "It was so much fun. He would always make me laugh. I laughed at even the corniest of his jokes." My smile drops and I open my glassy eyes. "Then he just.. changed.. He started getting more aggressive, he cheated, I forgave him being the desperate hormonal teen that I am.." I take a deep shaky breath. "Two of them got pre.. pregnant. The ones he cheated on me with." I choked out and turn to the window holding back angry, salty tears. "That's why I just snapped when I saw him. I couldn't take it. Just seeing his face made me angry. I couldn't imagine how he made those girls feel."

"What?! How could he?" Jessy turns her head back to the road and moves the car forward. I know she wants to comfort me but she's driving.

I laugh bitterly. "Kind of ironic, isn't it? My situation, theirs.. who knows?" I say. "Maybe I wasn't good enough."

"Lea.. don't you ever say that. You are more than good enough. He wasn't man enough for you.. Although you can be more than one can handle and you're a bit crazy." She admits. "Maybe he couldn't handle your.. Lea-ness."

I turn back to her. Huh?

"My Lea-ness?" I raise both brows.

"Yeah why not." She giggles. My Lea-ness.. Very interesting.

I turn back to the window, deep in thought.

"I guess."

"Hey, he did you wrong. Don't feel bad." She persuades.

"Well I did kinda.. kick his ass all around the house." I cringe now that I think about it.

"Yeah! You went ballistic! Breaking that vase your mother paid so much for." She shakes her head, slightly.

"Hey, you helped too!" I exclaim. I can't believe this girl! Don't worry, I got something up my sleeve. She is so gonna pay for that. How dare she throw me under the bus like that! So..

I take out my phone and text:

We're on our way. Remember the plan and where we'll be?