July 10, 2015

Well... Christian explained to me some things...

He asked me "which is worse...? Your parents dying at the moment of your birth, and never getting to know them, or being sixteen, and letting them die?"

And I said, "well, it's worse to grow up and having them die, becuase through all that you and your parents have been through, you have tons of reasons to miss them, you have memories with them, and you're going to keep remembering those times you were with them, and it makes you feel...just mad. But if they died at your birth, well you have nothing to remember them for, you have had no memories with them, so there's nothing to miss. But you're still going to miss them."

And then I asked him, "which is worse, witnessing your parents be murdered in front of you at 6-10 years of age, or growing up to be an adult and witnessing them be murdered?"

He reponded with "It's worse to witness them dying at a young age, becuase it means you might be forever traumatized, and you live with those memories of them being slaughtered for longer, than when you are an adult. Becuase as an adult, you learn to stay quiet."

And maybe he's right. Maybe someone with a tattoo slaughtered your parents, and you caught an eye at the tattoo, and now ever since then, you are horrified of people with tattoos. You almost have a mental breakdown becuase the though of your parents reapeats itself over and over in your head. What do you think?

Maybe it's all in my head.