Chapter 13

We were soon in the taxi, I was miserable at best and so was Ronnie, as we drove a long the highway to the airport, Jacky was sat next to me and Ronnie opposite, Jacky was silent minding his own business and it felt like everyone was out to get me, every one obviously knew what had happened last night and I felt so guilty and like I had betrayed them and I had, I thought back to yesterday morning when Ronnie had taken the monitor off and made me promise not to drink excessively again I started to tear up as we pulled up at the airport. Ronnie handed me my luggage as we flew back to LA. I sat next to Ronnie and he held my hand for the whole journey as I cried silently to myself. His thumb brushed my knuckles and I fell asleep. 

Ronnie shook me awake and I yawned before he took my hand and rushed me through passport control. He handed Jacky his car keys and then he rushed me over to the check in desk "Ronnie what's going on?" I asked him nervously, this was the first time I had spoken today and my voice was hoarse and squeaky he handed me a plane ticket and I read the destination 'Las Vegas, Nevada' I looked to Ronnie confused, but I couldn't see his eyes due to the shades he had covering them. He grabbed my hand again and we went through passport control for the second time. I didn't want to question him about why we were going to Vegas and I was scared. So, so scared.

The flight went quickly and we were soon in Vegas, Ronnie pulled me over to a car with a guy in it he knew "Hey" he greeted him and got in I followed suite and we were on our way to where ever we were going. Part of me felt like we weren't going away somewhere else for the best. I gulped as Ronnie took my cheeks in his hands "I am so sorry it has had to come to this" I looked out of the window behind him at the large White building "This isn't easy for me or Jacky or anyone else who cares about you and it certainly isn't going to be easy for you" I felt sick the way he was talking to me was like this was it, the end of the road. He got out of the car and I followed him. "This is where I got better Deven, these people are really going to help you get better too" I looked up at the sign that read Las Vegas Recovery Centre. My breath got caught in my throat and I felt sick as Ronnie grabbed me again and we headed for the front of the building.

This can't have been easy for Ronnie, to come back here and I felt guiltier than ever as we waited in silence in the waiting room. Eventually it was time for me to speak to someone. Ronnie followed me in and we sat and spoke to the doctor I was silent for most of it apart from when I confirmed my problem and they were keen on taking me in. Ronnie stood up "Is it okay if we have a second?" he asked the doctor and he nodded before leaving the room "Okay now listen to me" I looked at him

"I want you to get better and I promise you this is the best place for you to be right now, stay strong for me okay?" I looked at him 

"Are you just going to leave me here, all by myself, just like that, I know I deserve it but you could have just left me, sent me back home, please Ronnie!" he grabbed my hands in his and kissed me "I love you so much Deven. I'm not going anywhere, I will come and visit you as much as I can, you're going to get better" I looked up at him. My eyes watering as he left me there speechless with not another word. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Really short chapter I know, it's more of just a filler this one x