Chapter 20

Two weeks went by fast and I spent the majority of it working with Kat, I loved the job she had given to me it wasn't as stressful as modelling and it was extremely chilled out. She was an extremely good artist and was always fully booked up most of the time. I was sat at the desk listening to the radio when Kat came over to me and put down a pass to warped tour in front of me. I took my feet off of the desk and picked it up "We're going to warped tour?" I asked her completley astounded by it

"Mhm, I told you I'd find a way didn't I?" I jumped up and hugged her "Whatever you do, don't tell the guy's we'll surprise them when we get there" 

"Wait, how did you get these?" she laughed

"I'm a tattoo artist, I work their almost every year, they don't know that though" I was impressed "We'll be working there but still at least we will be with the guys" I was feeling down about Jacky going away tomorrow but how was I going to cover up my happiness so that he didn't suspect anything? I hugged Kat before heading off back home. 

I got in and Jacky was all ready and packed to get off "You're going already?" I asked him as I wrapped my arms around his waist "Yeah Ronnie should be here any minute" he lifted my chin up and kissed me "I'll miss you" I smiled

"You won't! If you can manage a year or so without me you can manage a few months" he smiled down at me and we hugged tightly for what felt like forever. Before Ronnie knocked on the door. "Cya" I said waving to him as he left the room Ryan following, Ronnie lingured for a second. I smiled at him awkwardly wondering why he was still here. I walked over to the door and went to close it but he put his foot in front of it "Behave yourself" He had a serious look spread across his face and it unnerved me. I rolled my eyes at him and closed the door pressing my back to it for a few minutes and listened to his footsteps as he dissapeared down the corridor. I walked over to my room and pulled my suitcase from under the bed before stuffing it with all of my clothes and things before jumping into bed. Alone for the first time in a long time...

The next morning I woke up to Kat banging on the door I stumbled out of bed and answered it "Come on, we have a flight to catch" I rolled my eyes at her and let her in

"Do I have time to get breakfast?" I asked as my stomach gurgled

"No, we can get something at the airport, now get dressed!" I went back into my room and put the clothes on I had purposley left out of my suitcase last night. I tied my hair up quickly and decided I'd do my make up in the car on the way. In the car Kat had made a playlist of all of the bands that were playing warped which she put on "This Summer is going to be so good!" She stated as we drove down the highway towards the airport  "Where are we headed first?" I asked her 

"Well they are playing Seattle today but we have to go get some stuff in Portland so we're heading out there early" I smiled as the Drug In Me Is You started to play through the car speakers. 

When we finally got to the airport I grabbed my case from the trunk and we headed into the airport. Kat got our tickets and then we went to the little cafe where I could finally get breakfast. I got a coffee and a crosiant before sitting down with Kat and doing my make-up which I had forgotten to do in the car. We were soon in Portland we were going to be staying in a hotel near the venue tonight but before we could call it a day we had to go and pick up all of Kat's equipment I helped her carry her tattoo guns and machienes to the trunk of this shitty old van she had borrowed from someone she knew in Portland. We drove back to the hotel "We're going out, dress up" I stared at her as I sat down on the bed "What do you mean by going out?" 

"To a bar silly!" I didn't mind going out with Kat to have fun but there was bound to be alcohol involved but then again who would know? Ronnie and the guy's weren't going to be there and I highly doubt Kat would say anything to anyone. I grabbed some clothes and got changed before doing my hair and make up "Ready?" I asked walking into the bathroom where Kat was finishing off her hair "Of course!" she said as she put some lip gloss on. She linked my arm and we got a taxi to where ever she had decided to go. My phone started to buzz I read the message which was from Jacky  hey babe, hope you're okay and not missing me too much I text back quickly and then we pulled up at some bar.

I clinked glasses with Kat "To a great Summer!" I nodded and took back the shot feeling the all too familiur burn as I swallowed it down. Going out with Kat was nothing like mine and Lexus's nights out. She didn't ditch me or anything and if a guy tried it on with me she was quick to tell him to do one, it was like I could go out and not have to worry about anything. I woke up the next morning in the hotel room and Kat was getting all worked up because we were late setting up. I got dressed and sloppily followed her out into the heat, it was horrid and having a hangover on top made it feel even worse. We put everything up and I was glad we had a fairly large trailor than a small tent like the ones the bands had. We made sure our van was as far away as possible from FIR's tent. Kat was tattooing all day and it was so much fun, she wasn't doing anything custom just a few small ones that she had been working on and all of the money was going to go to charity. I had spent the majority of the day trying not to fall asleep at my desk, I was hungover and absoloutley knackered. It was soon time for FIR to go up on stage so me and Kat shut up the trailor and headed straight to the main stage. I stood side stage with Kat and we both looked on at our boys playing, when they came off stage they were shocked to see us both "What the hell are you doing here Deven?" Jacky asked me as he held onto my waist tightly I explained about Kat having to tattoo here. At least I don't have to worry about you being in LA alone, not after the 6 months you've had" I smiled weakly knowing he was talking about the alcohol...