1.6

"Where were you last night?" Casey caught up to me in the corridor the next day.

"IhadadatewithRoss" I mumbled.

"You what now with Ross?" She asked. Her eyes then widened and she smirked.

"Goodness, no. I said, I had a date with Ross; well not exactly-"

Casey screamed and gave me a hug. "I don't care if it's not a date or not, what did you do?"

"We just drove around, then sat at a hill chatting" I told her and she smiled. "It was nice"

"Aww, you guys would make such an adorable couple!"

"Thank you. What are you doing now?"

"Biology, and you lucky idiot have a free period" Casey gave me a hug. "See you at break time!"

I waved her away, then walked over to the music room. Since nothing was to be done, and I had nothing better to do, I decided to play some guitar.

"You didn't quite look like the musician" Rocky appeared out of nowhere specifically. I grinned at him and put the guitar down. "No, carry on"

"I have a feeling you're miles better than me"

He picked up the guitar. "Probably not. What else do you play?"

"Just guitar" I shrugged. "And piano, clarinet, violin, flute, trumpet and I sing a tiny bit"

"Anything else?"

I shook my head and he seemed impressed. "That's quite the list, but I could teach you something else"

"Like what?" I allowed him to pull me to the second music room containing any instrument I could think of. It was my first time in here, so I looked around, touching the designs and posters of musicians on the walls. He eventually came to a stop and pointed at a drum kit. "Piss off, I'll look like a right idiot"

"No you won't. If you manage to look flawless playing volleyball, you can look flawless playing drums-"

"You think I look flawless?"

"Yeah j do, like half of the world population"

I crossed my arms amusedly. "What about the other half?"

"Still under a rock" he winked. "Come on!"

"I'll be a fly on the wall; however, you.." I handed him drumsticks. "Go take it away"

He smiled, his dimples showing and then moved back to the drum kit. A few moments into his playing, I plugged in an electric guitar and soon we began to play 'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark'.

"We should make a band" Rocky high fived me once we were done. "You, miss, have some rockstar qualities- especially the head banging. Going to a concert with you must be so fun!"

"It really is" I smiled to him as he came closer. "What's your favourite band?"

"Too many, but we should totally go to a concert together in the holidays" he suggested. "Or a music festival"

"We're sort of late for Coachella, but sure!"

His hands suddenly found their way onto my waist and unlike anybody else (except from Ross) I didn't feel the urge to take them off me and hit him. It was the opposite, I kind of wanted him to.

In reality, I was growing on him, like a colony of E.coli grew on room- temperature chicken. Okay, maybe not like that, but there was certainly something between us.

Our lips were literally inches away from each other until a loud cough caused us to pull away from each other.

Oh fucking shit.

"I was just asking if you had seen my car keys, brother?" Ross said, arms crossed.

Rocky continued oblivious. "Oh yeah, it's in my room on top of my dresser"

"Thanks. You may continue" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Wait, where are you going?" Rocky called after me.

"Back in a sec" I called whilst running out of the room. "Ross!"

"What do you want, Athena? Aren't you too busy kissing my brother?" He swung around at the speed of light.

"Would you like an extra trampoline to jump to conclusions or not" I pursed my lips. "I didn't kiss Rocky, we were talking?"

"If that was talking I don't want to see a discussion" he said. "You were going to!"

"Why do you care so much anyway, we're not together are we?"

"For a moment, it felt like so. And I remembered more than I have ever remembered with someone. I know you have a fear of failure which never really faded, you hate mustard and the dark frightens you to this day" he said, hurt in his words. "I know you inside out, but you're to hung up on everything else to realise what's going on around you. And hey, maybe I'm glad I didn't make a move yesterday like I planned to; glad to see your true colours"

"You're one to speak about true colours" I crossed my arms. "Maybe it is good you didn't make a move, you were going to leave soon after that like the last time"

"Be that way, Athena. I'll just tell you one thing," he paused. "The selfishness that floats around this school does not look good on such a kind person"

"Stop assuming you know me!" I shouted. "You disappeared for three years! I changed, Ross"

"I can tell" he turned back around, walking away. "Bye, Athena"

"Bye, Ross"