Chapter 2 - Friends

I was woken up in the morning to girls giggling and whispering. My eyes fluttered open and I had the bright sun shining in my face. I shielded my face and sat up looking at the girls. They were none other than Brie and Nikki Bella.

"Sorry if we woke you up." Brie said.

"It's okay. I need to get up anyway." I said.

"Why?" Nikki asked.

"Don't wanna miss any time to do things with my friends before Smackdown tonight." I said.

"Hell yeah. That's what I'm talking about."

"By the way, what you did last night with Stephanie. That was pretty amazing. Nobody's really ever stood up to her like that except Vince." Brie said.

"It was nothing really. I'm just tired of her and Hunter pushing people around. That's not what WWE's about. Never has been." I told them.

"It was awesome. It was also pretty awesome when Roman Reigns came to your aide." Nikki said.

"Roman Reigns?" I asked.

"Yeah. The guy that helped you last night. You should probably know who Roman Reigns is if you're gonna make it in this business." Brie told me.

"Right. Sorry. I just didn't really pay attention to who he was."

"It sure didn't seem that way. You guys stood in that ring staring at each other for, literally, five minutes. I think you guys like each other." Nikki said.

"No. It wasn't like that. I was just thanking him." I said.

"By staring at him?" they both asked.

"Yeah. Where I come from, we don't like to use words." I lied.

"Where are you from?" Brie asked.

"Florida. Samoan tribe." I said.

"So then you know him? He's Samoan. You're Samoan." Nikki said.

"No. I've never met him in my life. My tribe tends to stick to ourselves. We don't like talk to other Samoan's much. If that makes sense. It's always the same thing so we expand our horizons."

"Wow. That's totally weird and confusing." Nikki said.

"Do you wanna come get breakfast with us?" Brie asked.

"Sure. Let me just get ready first. Thirty minutes?" I asked.

"Yeah." They both said.

I walked into the bathroom, started the shower water and got undressed. On my arm, I noticed a bruise where Hunter grabbed me. I was going to kill him. Nobody leaves bruises on me and gets away with it.

Once I was done with my shower, I did my hair and make up and walked out of the bathroom to see Nikki and Brie still waiting for me.

"Sorry ladies. I'm ready now." I said.

"Great. Let's go." Nikki said.

We all walked out of the hotel room down to the lobby.

***

ROMAN'S P.O.V.

I was sitting in the cafe with Dean eating breakfast. All night and morning I have had that girl in my head. She was the most amazing and beautiful person I've ever seen in my life. That girl is a mystery and I intend to solve it.

"Where's your head?" Dean asked pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Honestly? I can't stop thinking about her man. There's just something about her that I can't figure out. Her hair, her eyes. Those eyes are like glass. She's so beautiful." I said.

"Isn't that her?" he asked pointing to the lobby.

I looked and sure enough there she was, walking out of the hotel with Nikki and Brie. "Yeah." I said as I watched her. She was just so perfect in every way.

"You really like her."

"Yeah. I do. I just need to figure her out. She's complicated."

"Well if anybody can do it, it's you. Just talk to her." he said.

He was right. I had to man up and talk to her. I got up and walked out of the cafe.

***

LAUREN'S P.O.V.

I had so much fun today with the Bellas. They were so much more fun than I ever would have guessed.

Now we were at the arena for Smackdown. It was pretty exciting. 

"So, we're going to be in Florida for Raw next week." Nikki said walking with me to catering.

"Really? What city?"

"Orlando." she said.

"That's where I live. Do you guys want to meet my parents?"

"Are you sure? I mean, we just really started hanging out today." Brie said.

"Absolutely. You guys are my friends. They'll be happy that I actually made friends here." I said.

We made it to catering.

"Oh crap. I forgot that I have an interview real quick. I'll be right back." I said. They nodded and I walked away towards the interview area.

Once I got over there I gave Renee a hug. She always hugs people. It's weird.

"Please welcome my guest at this time, Lauren." she said.

I walked up and smiled at her. "Hi Renee." I said.

"Lauren Monday night on Raw you said some pretty harsh things to Stephanie. Do you think maybe you crossed a line?" she asked.

"It was harsh? What was harsh about it? Stephanie and Hunter are destroying everything Vince has worked for. He's put his heart and soul into this company and they're tearing it down. Of course I was going to go out there and set them straight. Harsh? There was nothing harsh about what I said to Stephanie McMahon that she hasn't said to a million other people Renee." I said. I walked away. How dare she question me like that.

On the way  back to catering I bumped into somebody. I looked up and saw those eyes that looked like an ocean. Once again, I got lost in them. It's like we didn't need words. We just looked at each other and had a conversation with our eyes.

***

ROMAN'S P.O.V.

Lauren bumped into me and then looked at me. I got lost in her eyes. All of the things I wanted to say to her suddenly seemed like a big lump in my throat as we just stared at each other. It's like we didn't need words. We just looked at each other and had a conversation with our eyes. It was crazy.

She smiled at me and then walked past leaving me there just staring at the spot she used to be in. I missed my chance again. How could she have such a huge impact on me already and we haven't even exchanged one word?