Chapter 9 - Depression

I didn't sleep at all last night. It was literally the worst night of my life. Roman left my life. Derek is now the guy that I had to spend the rest of it with. There was nothing else that could go wrong.

Nikki and Brie didn't want to talk to me because I didn't tell Roman sooner so they were mad at me. I was all alone in this. My parents weren't going to understand. I couldn't talk to Roman. Derek was no help at all. There was nobody.

Right now, I was sitting in my car crying. I had been doing that all night. I just couldn't get over this. It was too much.

There was a knock on the door and I looked up. Dean was standing outside my car. Dean is Roman's best friend. Great. I was going to get a lecture.

I rolled down the window. "What?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Does it look like it?"

"Right. Dumb question. I'm going to get in. Is that okay?"

"Suit yourself." I said.

He went on the other side and climbed in. It was quiet for a few minutes. "Listen, I wanted to tell you that Roman told me everything. He also told me that he didn't give you a chance to explain and I don't think that was right. Everybody deserves a chance to explain their actions no matter how much it hurts." he said.

"I just. I couldn't argue with them. It gets me nowhere. My parents are relentless when they want something a certain way in my life. They met Derek. They liked him and they set me up with him. Out of the blue and I already had a date planned with Roman. When Derek proposed to me I just stood there. I didn't say yes. I didn't say anything at all and I know I should have. My mom basically said yes for me. My parents force me into things and then I can't get out. I don't know how I'm supposed to get out of this. Roman thinks he was my second choice but he doesn't realize that he honestly was my first choice. Dean I think I'm in love with him and I don't know how to get him to realize that. I don't love Derek. I love Roman." I cried.

"I know. I see the way you look at him and the way he looks at you. He loves you too. It was hard for him to walk away from you. Roman wanted to kill that guy. He told me that. I know I'm breaking some sort of best friend confidentiality right now but you two are too good together not to work things out." he said.

"But Dean, I don't know how to get out of this with Derek. I don't know how to tell my parents that I don't want to marry Derek. I want to marry Roman." I said.

"It's easy. You just tell them. There's no way to tell them. It just comes out. As is."

"You think?" I asked.

"I know. I've had to deal with a few parents like yours." he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's easy. You be respectful but you also tell them how it is."

"I guess I'm just scared."

"Of what?"

"Of not having my parents support." I said.

"If they don't support you in what you do then obviously they were never really proud of you to begin with. You're twenty years old Lauren. It's time to start sticking up for yourself."

"I just wish I could talk to him. Roman. You know? I want to tell him how very sorry I am. I want to tell him that I love him. I need that." I said.

"I'll see what I can do. You hang in there though. Okay?" he said.

I nodded.

Dean got out of the car and left me to cry and think.

***

ROMAN'S P.O.V.

I was sitting in the hotel room that I shared with Dean. He said he had to go do something so I was all alone for a little while.

After a while the door opened and Dean walked in. He looked at me and shook his head.

"What?" I asked.

"You are just clueless aren't you?" he asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"There is a girl downstairs, sitting in her car, crying. She's probably been in her car crying all night. She feels bad man." he said.

"Good. She shouldn't have lied."

"You don't get it, do you?" he asked.

"Get what?"

"She didn't lie to you. She just didn't tell you because she's scared. She has a lot more going on in her life than you or anyone else even realizes. Lauren is all alone right now. Nikki and Brie both turned their backs on her. You turned your back on her. That Derek guy is clearly an idiot and her parents only want to control her. That's why she's with Derek. Because of her parents." he said.

"Then maybe she should grow up and tell them that she's grown and can make her own decisions." I said.

"She respects them too much to do that. Besides, you've seen me deal with parents like that. They give you no room to argue with them. None. They say their peace and then they're gone. Just like that. You have no room to say anything. How do you think she feels man? She's pregnant and all alone. She's pregnant with your baby Roman. Your baby. So get your head out of your ass and go talk to her for fuck's sake." he said. He walked into his room and I just sat there.

I knew he was right but I didn't think I could talk to her right now. What would I even say to her? 'Okay here's your chance to explain make it good.'? I didn't know what to say to her. I was just too mad and too hurt to do anything.

***

LAUREN'S P.O.V.

I was just getting out of my car. It was kind of cold out in my car. I was on my way to the hotel doors when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. It was so bad, I eventually blacked out.