Chapter 7 - News

A few weeks had passed. Stephanie and I had already had our match and I won which meant that she had to change the way she ran the show and run it the way her dad would. I still hadn't figured out what I was going to do. Roman and I had been hanging out and having a good time but there were times that my mind wandered and I thought about how I was going to get out of this situation.

I was at the doctor for a check up since all superstars and divas had to have check ups. The doctor took some tests and it was just a waiting game now.

When the door opened my thoughts were interrupted. "Ms. Tomlinson, you cannot wrestle anymore." the doctor said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're pregnant. I would say almost five weeks. I know you just started your career but it's unsafe for you to continue with your career with this baby." he said.

My eyes teared up. I knew for sure it was Roman's because I wouldn't think of touching Derek like that. This was just getting more complicated as the minutes passed.

***

I was sitting in the hotel room waiting to go to the next city. We were going to be in Florida again. Miami this time. My mom had called me and said that she set up a date with Derek for me which sucked.

The door opened and Nikki, Brie and Roman walked in. I didn't look up though because I knew I was going to break once I saw Roman.

"Hey Lauren. What's going on?" Brie asked.

"Um, can I talk to Roman alone please?" I asked.

"Sure. We'll just go get some dinner. Do you want anything?" Nikki asked.

"No thanks."

Nikki and Brie walked out and I felt Roman sit down.

"What's going on baby girl?" he asked.

I loved it when he called me baby girl but right now it just made me want to break down.

"I have to tell you something and I know you're probably going to be mad because we haven't been together that long and it's too soon but I have to tell you." I said.

"What is it?"

I looked up at him. "I went to my check up today and they took some tests. Roman, I'm pregnant." I looked down because I just knew he was going to be mad.

It was silent for a little while so I looked back up at him. He was just staring at me.

"Roman? Say something please. Anything." I said.

"You're pregnant?" he asked.

"Yeah. Can you tell me how you feel about that?" I asked.

"I feel like it is too soon but I'm happy. I'm happy with you and I know I'm going to be happy with our child. It's a part of you and me." he said.

I smiled. I hoped he would say that.

"You're happy? Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. Really." he said.

He leaned in and our lips touched. Every time he kissed me it was like there were fireworks going off all around me. I loved the feeling.

I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I had to tell Roman about Derek.

"Listen, I, um..." I said.

"No. No more talking for tonight. Let's go out for dinner. Celebrate the start of our family." he said.

I smiled small because I just blew my only chance to tell him. There was no way I could tell him now.

***

We had dinner and it was nice. Now we were in his hotel room watching movies. I was laying on the couch with my head on his lap while he ran his fingers through my hair. I felt so bad for putting him through this. I wish I could just get up the courage to tell my parents Derek wasn't the one for me already but I knew it wasn't going to be any time soon.

I had tears in my eyes and I just let them fall. It wasn't a full on cry but a silent one so Roman never knew which was good. If he knew and he asked me what was wrong, I wouldn't be able to hold back. I'd spill everything. It wasn't the right time. No time was the right time.