Chapter 5

(btw this might be a short chapter.. I dunno o.o)

You both were headed towards an old high school in Sleepy Hollow, New York. 10k told you that he heard on the radio that there is a safe place at the old high school. Also a civil defense shelter in the school's basement.

"are we there yet?", you asked, walking beside him.

10k was concentrating hard on the map. He looked up at you and looked back at the map.

"just uhhh... 2 clicks away", he said.

You noticed some things about him. He likes hunting a lot. He mostly uses his slingshot to kill Z's. His weakness is needing distance to kill most Z's. BUT.. His strengths are being alert and long range kills.. Those are the things you liked about him. Also you liked him for his personality. Yea he is shy, doesn't talk most of the time, but he is really caring and kind... also funny. You looked at him and he folds up the map, pointing at a direction ahead.

"there", he said while stuffing the map in his bag.

You looked at the direction he is pointing and there it is... The old school he was talking about.. but something wasn't right. You didn't feel right about it.

"when was the last time you heard about this place on the radio?", you asked.

"uh.. 1 month ago", he said.

You looked at him and folded your arms.

"that's like.. 2 years apocalypse time", you said with sarcasm. (.. see what I did there?)

He chuckled and ran towards the school. You followed 10k. You both were behind the school and he found a ladder.

"there", he said and ran to the ladder.

You climbed up the ladder with him and randomly, 10k stopped climbing. You stopped also and you looked up at him.

"what's the deal?", you asked curiously.

"did you hear that?", He asked.

You then heard doors to a car shut close. You looked at him surprisingly.

".. are people really here?", you mumbled to yourself.

You both continued climbing up and made it to the top of the building. 10k ran to the other side of the building, crouching. You thought it looked ridiculous but you went along with it, since you didn't want anyone seeing you. You looked over the edge and saw a black truck with people around it. You saw a man urinating on the tire. 10k chuckled and watched them too. You then looked around the area. It was a disaster. You guessed the place got overrun.. You looked at the people and analyzed them. You and 10k counted 7 people. 5 men and 2 women. One man dressed as he is a Marine or from the Army. He was bossing everyone else and everyone looked annoyed. You chuckled to yourself. Some of them went on the other side of the building and the rest went inside the building.

"well... are they the only people here?", you asked 10k, quietly.

"I guess so.. I don't know what happened to the reinforcements..", he said.

"its obvious.. they got overrun.. look around?", you told him.

He then looked around and realized it.

".. oh", he mumbled to himself and rolled his eyes playfully.

You snickered and sat down, leaning against 10k's bag he put aside. You decided to take a little nap. Its been a couple more minutes until the people came out of the building.

"oh they're back", 10k said, waking you up.

You woke up and stretched, kneeling beside 10k and looked at the group of people.

"guess they haven't found any more people.. except one more girl..", you said.

10k nodded in agreement. You looked at the girl and looked at 10k confusedly.

"do you know where she came from?", you asked.

"oh.. some people went on the other side of the building and came back with her..", 10k said.

".. you didn't follow or watch them?", you said.

"well.. you were taking your nap.. I didn't want to wake you up or leave you here..", he said.

You smiled and your cheeks heated up. He pointed his sniper at one of them, keeping a close eye. You nudged his arm and he turned to look at you.

"don't shoot them!", you loudly whispered.

"it's fine! I won't shoot any of them.. I wasn't going to anyway", he said.

You sighed and watched them. A guy knelt down and searched for anything on a dead Z.

"hmm.. guess they're searching for supplies..", you said, watching them look curiously around.

Suddenly an old man knelt down to a stabbed zombie. It's stabbed on the chest. 10k kept a close eye on the old man. Suddenly that Z stood up and attacked him. You stared in shock and nudged 10k's arm.

"s-shoot it!", you shouted quietly.

"I'm trying!", 10k said.

A girl that has red hair and a guy with blonde hair tried killing the zombie but couldn't unless they risk injury to the old man. 10k finally shot the zombie's head. A huge bullet hole was shown on the Z's head, you can see through it. The group of people looked at your guys direction.

"shoot shoot shoot go go go!", you said, pushing 10k.

10k was wearing a brown scarf over his head so he can hide his identity, but they were able to see you. You both crouched and ran to the other side of the buildings edge. You both climbed down the building and walked to a road that led, leaving the area.

"well.. they saw me", you said.

10k shrugged and looked at you.

"ehh.. it's not a big of a deal.. unless they come searching for you", 10k said.

You sighed and he elbowed your elbow playfully. Suddenly, you heard a vehicle driving behind you. A black truck stopped on 10k's right. It was the old man 10k saved.

"hey.. you're the kid that saved my ass", he said.

10k said nothing and you both just stared at him. The old man waved at you and you waved back.

"you both need a ride?", he asked the both of you.

10k look at you and you just shrugged. You both decided yes. 10k jumped on the back of the trucks bed and he helped you up. You sat down and 10k stood up, hitting the side of the truck to signal for the old man to drive. The truck drove on and you both didn't know where you guys are going.

(sooooooooo you met the group! yey.. I hope there is no mistakes.. also sorry if I made some parts confusing.. hope you enjoyed and also I AM SORRY it's a small chapter XD lmao okay.. uhhh..

um.. cya in the next chapter cx

//*UPDATE* wellllllllll, hhh I should just rewrite eveything, idk//)