Chapter 8

//hey! back with another update hhhh I can't believe I'm only on episode 3 on season 1 (in this story), its kinda sad because I bet other z nation stories are caught up to the new season. Shit. I shouldn't have discontinued this, lmao. well, enjoy//

You laid your head back, looking up into the sky and gazing upon the fluffy greyish clouds. You sighed softly before lifting your head, looking around the town you and the group were in. Currently, you guys are in Philadelphia. You turned your head and looked at 10k, seeing him sitting on the edge. Your hand was already holding one of his legs and it made him chuckle quietly to himself.

"if you fall back, I'm not going to get you", you said.

10k's green eyes fell onto you and he smiled slightly.

"yea right", he responded.

You stuck your tongue out at him and he hummed, looking back and keeping his eye out for any trouble. Suddenly, the Liberty Bell caught your eye and you sat up, noticing that everyone else has seen it too.

"is that really the Liberty Bell?", you heard Mack ask.

You stood up yourself and you suddenly lost your balance. You knew you were falling back until you felt someone catching you with their arm wrapped around your waist. You noticed it was 10k and a rush of blood flew to your cheeks from embarrassment.

"you're kinda clumsy"

"shut up"

You eyed him as he removed his arm from you. You looked over to the truck that was holding the Liberty Bell and saw Warren opening the drivers door. Your eyes widened as you saw a Z popping out, trying to claw at the woman. You were about to bring out your pistol until you saw someone has already shot it's head. You looked to your side and noticed 10k holding his slingshot.

"1,075", he said.

~small time skip~

You sat in the back seat of the truck with Cassandra and Addy while 10k sat up front with Doc, who was driving. You leaned back, closing your eyes as you tried to get some sleep.

"we're not really going all the way to California with this Murphy guy, are we?", and the silence was broken.

You opened your eyes again and sighed softly, knowing you won't be able to sleep for awhile. You just listened to the conversation between her and Doc, trying your best to block it out. It's not that they annoyed you, you were just really exhausted. Well, everyone is, but you really needed to nap. You heard a 'psst' and you lifted your gaze from the nothingness you spaced out on, seeing 10k's head turned towards you.

"you okay?", he asked.

It warmed your heart when he asked that, especially when you see the worry in his eyes. You don't want him to worry, but it really makes you happy that he still cares about you. You just nodded your head slowly, a small smile plastered on your face to calm him down.

"yea..just tired"

He nodded his head understandably before looking back out the window. You kept your eyes on him for awhile before laying your head back, closing your eyes slowly.

10k's P.O.V

I turned my head back around, seeing (Y/N) taking a nap. She/He looked so peaceful; her/his chest rising and falling with every breath she/he took and her/his lips slightly pursed as she/he snored quietly. She/He looked so.. cute.

Now, why would I think that when I've only known her/him for a couple of days?

I shook my head, trying to rid of the thoughts. I shouldn't like someone so fast, I don't even know if (Y/N) even likes me back.
I shouldn't be having these feelings now anyways, it's the zombie apocalypse for christ's sake! Well, Mack and Addy are still at it.

Oh please stop talking

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as Doc took a sharp turn, pressing the brakes and stopping the truck. I looked through the windshield, noticing the Liberty Bell tumbling down the street and killing zombies along the way. I smirked slightly, thinking that was the coolest darn thing I've seen in awhile.

"I'd pay money to see that again", Doc mentioned.

I let out an airy laugh before my face suddenly dropped.

... (Y/N)!

I turned around and noticed (Y/N) has woken up. She/He did not look impressed. Her/His hair was messy and her/his lips were like a pout from annoyance.

oh god, she/he's so cute

(Y/N) turned her/his head towards me, her/his dull gaze staring back into mine.

"what the hell happened?"

No One's P.O.V

You groaned slightly as you woke up from the sudden stop of the truck. You lifted your head and opened your eyes, sitting up straight. You noticed the truck has stopped and you looked out the window, seeing Warren and Charles out of their truck. You then turned your head, looking at 10k who was already staring back.

"what the hell happened?", you asked.

"some car threw off Warren", Doc responded.

You nodded your head before looking to your left side, seeing Addy and Cassandra with shocked facial expressions. You were about to fall back asleep until you had to move to the trucks bed, since the truck Warren was driving has broken down. Perfect..

What else can go wrong?

//Hope this was enough! I just had to update because I felt bad for not updating. My goal was to update every other day, but since school just came out, it's been kinda difficult. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully because I have an idea that will be coming up and it'll be surprising! okay, i'll cya guys later <3 peace//