[01] oh, steve. . .

RISE

[1] oh, steve. . .

"But help is on the way! . . . Every able-bodied young man is lining up to serve his country. . . Even little Timmy is doing his part, collecting scrap metal. Nice work, Timmy!"

"Who cares? Play the movie already!"

Daisy, along with many other people ignored the boy, but her best friend did not.

"Hey, will you show some respect?" Steve asked him politely, but with the tone of his voice containing annoyance. The young man scoffed and ignored him. Daisy gave Steve a look to stop, but Steve wouldn't let it go.

"Meanwhile overseas, our brave boys are showing the Axis powers that the price of freedom is never too high. . . "

"Go! Get on with it!"

Many of the people in the theater had given the young man uneasy looks.

"Hey, wanna shut up?" Steve muttered as he leaned forward in his theater seat, growing more annoyed by the second from the boy's rude and disrespectful comments. Daisy pulled him back and whacked his arm.

The boy stood up from his theater seat and turned around, towering over the two—even from a lower step—leaving Daisy worried. She hated when Steve got himself into these situations. It's as if he's asking for it.

The boy walked around the aisle of theater seats and people, heading right towards Steve. Daisy stood up too, trying to stop him from doing any harm, "Please—"

"Why don't you sit back down and enjoy the movie?" the man smirked, towering over her. He grabbed Steve and pulled him out the exit door, panicking Daisy. She quickly ran to and through the front doors of the cinema, running outside and searching for her other best friend, James — knowing that she wouldn't be able to stop the man that is probably already hurting Steve, alone.

Catching sight of him talking to a young lady(as usual), she ran towards him, yelling his name, "Bucky!"

He looked over at her and a concerned expression made it's way onto his face after taking sight of her worried one. She grabbed his arm and hand with both of hers, tugging and pulling him towards the alley that was on the side of the cinema.

"Stop!" Daisy yelled, her and Bucky both running their way down the alleyway, towards Steve and the bully. Seeing Steve sprawled out on the alley floor, Daisy rushed towards him, tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh, Steve. . . " she whispered, taking his face in her hands, "Why does this always happen?" She quietly asked him, but mostly herself. He exhaustingly looked up at her and put both of his hands over hers, making her smile just a bit. She helped him stand up while Bucky got rid of the bully, precisely by kicking him out of the alley.

"Sometimes, I think you like getting punched." Bucky wondered aloud.

"I had him on the ropes," Steve told him, brushing off his pants whilst Daisy brushed off the dirt on his coat, sighing. Steve winced right before Bucky picked up his enlistment form. "So, how many times is this?"

Bucky opened the form, reading it. "Ah, you're from Paramus now," he joked, causing Daisy to crack a smile at the slight. "I hope you know that it's illegal to lie on the enlistment forms."

"But, seriously, Jersey?" Bucky asked him. Steve looked up at him, a look of sadness and confusion sprouting on his face at the sight of his attire. "You get your orders?"