[10] where's daisy?

RISE

[10] *growls* wHERE. IS. DAISY!????

ONE MONTH LATER

ROGERS, S T E V E

My eyes slowly started to open and looked up at a white ceiling. I started looking around, Where am I?

and most importantly, Where is Daisy?

I slowly sat up on the bed and listened to the radio that was somehow playing, confused and concerned because I know that this was all fake--I've been to that baseball game.

The door opened and in came a lady with a fake smile, I can tell. I can see the worry in her eyes. She didn't open the door as wide when she came in, and I'm guessing It's because she doesn't want me to see what's behind it.

"Good morning," she still smiled at me and she checked her watch, taking two steps forward, "Or should I say afternoon."

"Where's Daisy?"

She looked at me confused, "Daisy?"

"Where am I?" I changed the subject again.

Her smiled dropped a little, but she quickly hid it and smiled again, "You're in a recovery room in New York City."

I listened to the radio some more, "Where am I, really?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

"The game. It's from May, 1941, and I know because I was there," I told her, already starting to get sick of this.

Her smiled then fully dropped and her eyes widened the tiniest bit.

I slowly got off the little bed, my eyes not leaving her face, and I started walking towards her, "Now I'm gonna ask you again.. where am I?"

"Captain Rogers-"

"Who are you?" my voice raised higher.

The door opened and and two--I'm guessing security guards--came in, and after a second I attacked them and threw them both at the wall, only for them to be thrown out the wall.

I jumped through the hole in the wall and looked around me. I was in a room, and there was a fake scenery screen of some New York buildings.

"Captain Rogers, wait!" the lady made her way through the wall, but I ignored her and slammed open the two doors that were in front of me.

I ran out, and people were starting to chase me as the heard the lady on the speaker, "All agents, code 13."

I ran the other way and pushed people out of my way and ran outside, seeing everything look different, What happened?"

I ran into the middle of the street, it was sprinkling and I felt my shirt start to get wet, and weird-looking cars were honking at me as I ran down the street.

I stopped running once I took a look around me. There were bright signs and lights everywhere, tall glass buildings.. What is this place?

Cars surrounded me, "Hey, soldier!" I turned around and saw a dark-skinned man with an eyepatch, dressed in a long, black coat. Men came out of their cars and surrounded me, also, as the man walked towards me.

"Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but, we thought It's best to break it to you slowly."

"Break what?" I panted.

"...You've been asleep, Cap.. for almost seventy years."

I looked at the new and improved buildings, the people, and the bright signs and lights while I turned around.

"You gonna be okay?"

"Y-yeah, I just..." I felt my vision blur the tiniest bit, but I ignored it.

"I had a date."

poor steve looks so sad in this scene, he makes me cry
this happens a few days before the next chapter

please read my pietro maximoff story, it will connect with this one

10