[05] you're late

RISE

[05] you're late

i luuuuvv uuuuuu

It was already the next morning and Daisy was worried all night, she barely got her rest. She stood up from her cot and started to get ready for the day, putting on another white dress, with a pair of nude flats, keeping her hair down, as usual.

She made her way outside and walked around the camp. She then heard men running and shouting, so she started to walk towards the crowd.

Making her way to the front, she saw Steve and a bunch of other men walking behind him. She bursted into tears, just seeing him back and not hurt. Running up to Steve, she hugged him tight, and it didn't hurt him, of course. He wrapped his arms and hugged her back, making sure he didn't squeeze her to death.

"Steve! You did it. . . again," she let go of him and he wiped away her tears. She smiled at his touch, leaning into the comfort if his hands.

Once she pulled away, she took a look at her other best friend who was smiling at her, "Bucky. . . " She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, too. His smiled hadn't wiped off his face and he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I'm so glad that you boys are safe!"

She pulled away from him and grabbed his face, pulling it down as she kissed his forehead, then moving on to Steve and doing the same—but his kiss more longer for some reason that she didn't exactly know why. Steve felt the butterflies in his stomach as the boys grinned. Daisy followed them both as they walked through the crowd that made way for them.

Colonel Phillips walked up as Steve saluted him. "Some of these men need medical attention," Colonel Phillips looked around at all the men. "I'd surrender myself for disciplinary action." Daisy smiled at his integrity.

The Colonel nodded, "That won't be necessary." Steve smiled a little as Colonel Phillips gave him a proud, small one. "Yes, sir."

Colonel Phillips walked away and Daisy took a step forwards and stood in front of Steve, "You're late," she joked.

He held up his now shotten and broken transponder and played along, "I couldn't call my ride."

A big grin made it's way onto Daisy's face. "Hey! Let's hear it for Captain America!" Bucky shouted. Everyone began to clap and cheer for him.

Daisy pulled him in for another hug, "I'm so proud of you."

That made Steve's heart flutter. They pulled away and everyone started to pat his back.

➶ ➶ ➶

"I am honored to present this medal for valour, to my personal friend, Captain America!" the president turned around and waited for Steve to come out, " . . . Captain America!"

"Captain, that's your cue," he put on a fake smile while everyone looked around in confusion.

A man came out and told him that he wasn't there.

An old General whispered to the man next to him, "I thought he was taller?"

➶ ➶ ➶

Steve was at the underground Strategic Scientific Reserve explaining about something and writing marks on a map. Daisy watched him. She looked at his outfit, it was his military suit. Daisy couldn't help but blush at how she was thinking that he looked dashingly handsome.