[04] stay safe, captain

RISE

[4] stay safe, captain

"You're kidding me," Daisy giggled. She started brushing off little debris on Steve's silly red, white, and blue costume. They both listened to the music that played throughout the room, contented with the presence of each other.

He looked down at her and his heart slowed down just a bit. "I—I don't know if I could do this," he let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding once he looked into her eyes.

A man from behind Daisy came out and tried to cheer him up, "Nothin' to it. Sell a few bonds, bonds buy bullets, bullets kill Nazis—Bing, bang, boom!" He patted Steve's back whilst Daisy rolled her eyes. "You're an American hero!"

Steve sighed. "It's just not how I pictured getting there."

"Senator's got a lot of pull-up in the hill. You play ball with us, you'll be leading your own platoon in no time."

Steve nervously put on his mask, causing Daisy smile at him. "You look adorable. Go get 'em, tiger."

Steve smiled at her before running out from behind the curtain and to the center of the stage, the show girls now singing and marching around him.

He looked around and at the people in the audience before he started to read the lines he taped to the back of his shield. "Not all of us can storm a beach. . . Or drive a tank, but there's still a way all of us can fight!" He looked up and took a few steps forward, gulping. He brought his shield up once again before he read his lines again.

Daisy went with him everywhere he went. From watching him act out different scenes to performing more ridiculous shows for the screen, and she laughed every time. She practically remembered all the words he's said on stage by now, Steve remembering them too.

Sitting in the audience, she laughed as he pretended to punch a man that was sneaking up from behind him. His hand wasn't close to his face. Everyone clapped and cheered. He was now Captain America.

He performed in Buffalo, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Chicago. . . and Daisy was always there to cheer him on in the audience. Captain America was now popular everywhere, and a bunch of kids and adults were now reading his comic magazines.

Steve and Daisy watched him on screen together. She always nudged him when everyone started to clap and cheer, making them both smile.

Steve was walking down some stairs after a show, with Daisy right beside him. Steve had to stop all the time to sign his autograph almost everywhere they went. A pretty lady stopped right in front of him, causing the two to stop walking. "Hi!" she greeted him with a smile on her face, totally ignoring Daisy.

A camera flashed at them as they took a picture, and Daisy felt the tiniest bit of jealousy in herself. Okay, a ton of jealousy was what she felt. Her negative thoughts were thinking that maybe after a few more shows, Steve will forget about her—there's so many pretty girls that would do anything just to be with him.

What Daisy doesn't know is that every single second of the day, she is on Steve's mind. She practically lives there and he never stops to think of something else. Steve definitely isn't going anywhere, he would never forget about and leave the woman he loves.

➶ ➶ ➶

Many days and weeks have passed, and Captain America's shows have gotten larger. He performed at camps now, but the soldier's weren't as excited to see him.