Chapter Six

Sha'riah

I woke up the next morning at like 6:57. I wasn’t even bothered to get up. I didn’t feel the need to…not after yesterday’s events. Mami said I still had to go school, saying it’s an “important academic year” for me. Some bullshit like that. I’m having a tough time and she wants to send me to school like say I wanna learn at a time like this! I stayed in bed for a couple minutes just thinking about life and how fucked up it was, then realised it was getting’ kinda late. I got out of and slowly walked to the shower then done my business. Even in the shower I felt dead inside. The droplets of water dropping on my warm skin didn’t even wake me up, all I could think about was Shawn and how much I missed him already. Imagine how bad I am now, how will I survive in maybe a week or two?

I finished my dead shower then got out my school uniform. This shit green uniform, I hated it, and everything else right now. I put on my underwear then sprayed myself and slid on my patterned tights with my shirt and tie. I put on my pleated shirt and wore my jumper and lazily finished off with my blazer.

I was too busy mourning to even care about my appearance right now. I grabbed a comb and ran it through my hair thoroughly.

Urgh, I hated this hair though, it was so thick and curly. The only thing I liked was the fact that it was long, most times I’d straighten it, but today I honestly couldn’t give two shits. I’d go school looking like shit if I had to… I should anyway. I left my hair as a simple ponytail and just thought fuck the world really.

I got my Just Do It school bag and sorted out the books for what lessons I had today, the most shittiest of all; English, ICT, Maths, History, Geography.

Fuck it, I’ma just keep my head down today.

I slipped my shoes on and sighed. I just wanted this day over and done with.

I walked into Tanisha’s room to see she was still snoring. I approached her bed and watched her sleeping peacefully, then slapped her head.

“Get up.” I said bluntly. She opened her eyes and screwed me.

“What you doing?”

“Get the fuck up.” She scratched her head and yawned.

“What time is it?”

“Does it matter, we’re gonna be late.”

“Llow me man, I don’t even wanna go in today.” She kissed her teeth and rolled back over.

“I’m gonna thrown water on you.” I said.

“Do it if you’re bad.” She grumbled from underneath the pillow.

She must think I’m joking.

I left her room and went into the bathroom, filled the water into a cup then went back into her room. I stood beside her bed and just felt pissed off, so I poured it all over her head, causing her to jump up and start coughing uncontrollably.

“Fucking tramp,” She said. I shrugged then walked out without a backwards glance. I went downstairs and made myself some cereal then went into the living-room. She had only gotten out of the hospital a few hours ago, and hasn’t had any sleep since. I was surprised she was even awake right now; I can’t begin to imagine how she must be feeling. She gave me a weak smile but I showed no emotion back.

Maybe this is what life is gonna be like from now on, without him here.

Maybe there will be limited communication from here on.

“Riah,” I turned to her slowly, “I’m sorry for making you go to school today but it’s an-”

"Important academic year for me, I know." I rolled my eyes. I really wasn’t fucked for any of this.. I didn’t even wanna communicate with her. I know none of this is her fault but I just didn’t wanna talk to anyone.