Chapter TwentyFive Part 2

Marcus

The party was in full swing. Surprisingly a few people were here and it was only 10:47. Derren had already started the tunes and they were blasting out the speakers; vibrating the floorboards and rattling the tables. A few people had brought some presents along and I had put them in Ryan’s room to keep out the way. The living-room hadn’t filled up yet but it was a start. I chatting to a couple heads from school and asked if they needed anything. I knew Michael wouldn’t turn up, or Marik after I fucked him up at school. Right now, I regret everything I did; it was completely unnecessary. Now that I’ve had the chance to reflect on my actions, I’ve come to realise that all the stunts that I’ve pulled and the drama I’ve caused has turned me into some kind of prick. The whole Katrina fiasco was one ting. I needed to talk to her. Going to get revenge on Shankz was another mistake. I needed to sort my life out for real. The biggest mistake was punching Sha’riah. I could never forgive myself for that. I inhaled and decided to think positive for now. After all, it was my day.

R&B was playing in the background, and people were relaxing with drinks in their hands, enjoying themselves and ting. I was busy drinking by the table when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Kamillah and Biggz smiling at man.

“Happy birthday,” she yelled over the music.

“Thanks b.” She hugged me and gave me a wrapped present. “Safe, I’ll put it upstairs with the rest.”

“No! Open it now,” she chimed. I laughed at her eagerness and opened the little box to see a diamond ring. I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Safe you lot.” Biggz spudded me and nodded.

“Party’s kinda live still,” he noted, looking around with his hands in his pockets. Then he turned to Kamillah. “Come, let’s dance.” She giggled and they went off. I put the present on the table and continued dancing. Half an hour later, more people were turning up, and the spacious living-room was being filled. It wasn’t packed yet, but soon it will be. Bashment began to play and everyone was getting hyped, now moving to the middle to dance. I decided to join in and ended whining with Kyra from school. Not gonna lie, she knew how to dance. Man was getting into it.

“Marcus,” I heard someone call over the loud music. I looked up and saw Cassandra stood there holding a gift bag in her hand. I noticed she brought a couple friends with her, and all of them were looking nice. I analysed Cassandra and couldn’t help but smile. The dress she wore hugged at her curves and complimented her breasts. I approached her and folded my arms, giving her a playful screw.

“I thought I uninvited you?”

“I knew you were chatting shit. Too bad anyway, I’m here now. Gimme a hug then!” I glanced down at her breasts. A hug? Alright. Man won’t complain. I pulled her in and she squeezed me tight. I smiled at the feel of her chest rubbing against mine. She was too sexy.

“Happy birthday,” she squealed.

“Thanks sexy.” She pulled away and turned to her friends.

“This is the birthday boy. Don’t get him gassed though; he thinks he’s a big man.”

“I am a big man,” I said with a smile. I greeted her friends and she handed me the gift bag. I took the present out unwrapped it to see a black folded t-shirt. I opened it properly and held it up to see it was a customised shirt with a cartoon version of me at the front, and my tag on the back. I was relieved to find it was in my size aswell. Cassandra worked in the clothing business designing shirts and that. I smiled and hugged her again. “Thanks Cass.”

“It’s alright.” I decided now would be a good time to cop a feel. I slowly moved my hands down to her ass and she pushed me away, giving me a warning glare. “Don’t even try it.” Her friends laughed and they all walked off to the food table. A few girls were requesting a dance with the birthday boy, and some were even giving me the eye. The attention was a lot! One particular girl caught my eye though. I analysed the girl stood by the speaker talking to Derren and swaying her hips to the beat. I approached her and she turned around. My eyes widened.