Chapter Seventeen

Sha’riah

I immediately ran out of the toilets as quickly as possible. I swear I had never run so fast in my entire life, but for this it was necessary.

Stabbed?

My baby, stabbed?

I weren’t about to accept such shocking news!

I hurriedly went back to our table. Everyone gave me a questioning glare as I picked up my jacket.

"We have to go," I said impatiently. They all watched me oddly.

"Why, what’s wrong?" Joan asked.

“We have to go." I said again, raising me voice.

“We’re having a good time Sha’riah.” Francis countered.

"Alie dad. Don’t rush when I’m eating,” Tanisha said stuffing her face still. I took the fork from her and threw it to the other end of the table. A few people turned to our table, but right now I couldn’t give a fuck. Marcus is in trouble, and I’m not about to sit here and do nothing about it. I had to see him. Tanisha watched me angrily and flared her nostrils.

“Are you dumb?” She began.

"We need to go now!"

"Sha'riah, what’s happened?" Joan questioned.

"Something’s happened to my friend, I won’t be able to get there in time if I go alone. I have to go and see him," I put my jacket on and zipped it up. “Look, I appreciate the birthday dinner, and it’s been good, but I’m not gonna sit around when my friend is injured.”

“What friend?” Tanisha asked.

“Marcus.” Her mouth widened.

“Is he okay?”

“No, that’s why I’m leaving!” She shot up quickly, along with everyone else—apart from Nathaniel.

"C'mon Nathe, get up.” Joan glanced at him.

"Why should I? I don’t know this youte, why should I care?" He replied with attitude. I walked over to him and stood over him in an intimidated manner.

"I ain’t got time for your foolishness. My best friend that I care about is injured and in hospital, and you wanna choose now to mess about?" He gave me a look.

“I ain’t finished eating.”

“I don’t give a fuck!”

“Sha’riah…” Francis intervened. I kissed my teeth and walked out the restaurant without a backwards glance. I don’t care right now what he's been doing to me, if Marcus is in hospital I couldn’t give the slightest fuck about anything else. We all got to the car park and entered the car. This was gonna be a long journey, 3+ hours to get back to London. It would all be worth it though.

"Where is the hospital Riah?" Francis asked as he prepared the engine.

“London," I replied. He paused and looked back at me.

"What?"

"London." I repeated. He stared at me in awe. I already knew what was coming next.

"I’m not going all the way down there."

"Now's not the time." I breathed deeply.

"I’m sorry Riah but I’m not travelling all the way down there. At this time aswell?" I sighed.

"I need to see him.”

“Just let us go on our own then,” Tanisha proposed. Dad chuckled as if we were joking. Nathaniel kissed his teeth.