Muke~Prison Life

Muke~Prison Life

🐧Luke's POV🐧

My wrists hurt from the handcuffs, the orange suit feeling wrong on my skin.

How could I have let this happen? Just yesterday I was a stupid teenager, thinking I would never get caught. Now I'm walking down a prison hall, being stared down by buff dudes behind rusty iron bars. Cells littered my left and right, never seeming to end. I was a bit grateful when the officers led me down an area where the cafeteria was, and into another section where the guys were reduced to my size.

"Well kid, here we are. Enjoy your new home." One officer said, snickering at me. We stopped in front of a dark cell, the little lightbulb on the ceiling turned off, making it hard to see inside. He unlocked my hand cuffs, opening the gate and throwing me in. The officer and his partner walked away, laughing at other inmates. I looked down, rubbing my wrists. Faint pink marks were shown, making me grimace.

"Newbie, huh? Don't stress yourself, they fade." A guy chuckled, his voice slightly deep but playful. My gaze was still locked on the ground, afraid that this guy would be buff. All the others weren't, but the odds were never in my favor.

"Relax cupcake, I won't ruin that pretty face of yours. At least, not yet." The voice seemed closer now, and a shiver ran down my back when cold, pale fingers placed themselves under my chin and forced my head up. I was greeted by a pair of dazzling green eyes, reminding me of the leaves of a tree I used to play in when I was younger.

I gulped, trying to fight off the nervous look threatening to form on my face. The guy chuckled, grabbing my shirt and pulling me to the back of the cell. I felt my back hit a wall, a short sharp pain traveling through my lower back.

I could make out his lilac hair in the dark, his eyebrows and pink lips sticking out into the small amount of light. "What did a handsome man like you do to get in here?" He asked, his hot breath reaching my neck. I grew more nervous. To be honest, this place was freaking me out. I never thought what being caught could lead to.

I swallowed my nervousness and spoke. "Pick-pocketing."

His eyebrows raised and his green eyes held amusement. "Really? I'm in for weed and marijuana. Not to mention a bit of cocaine." He smirked.

My eyes widened. My back sunk into the wall a bit more, suddenly gaining more fear of the mysterious stranger. I couldn't believe he was doing drugs.

"Listen cupcake, I've been in here for 4 months, and it's already hell. I'm sick and tired of all the bullshit here. The inmates, the officers, the cell. You're lucky you're cute and innocent, or else you would be a pulp by now. I only beat up punks." His arms were on either side of my head, his hands pressing against the wall. What did this guy mean? I'm not innocent. Cute, maybe. But innocent? I'm in jail!

"W-Waaah?"I stuttered, sounding like an idiot. I had no idea what to do.

The guy chuckled again and turned on the light, taking a seat on one of the beds.

I gasped and sat in the bed across from him. Michael Clifford?

"Mike? W-Why?" Michael. My ex.

We dated about 8 months ago. We dated for two years, naive teens who found love too soon. He was my first time with a guy, and my first true love.

He blushed, his bad boy attitude gone. "I was heartbroken. I couldn't handle the thought of you leaving me, so I turned to drugs."

My heart shattered. I was heartbroken, too. I didn't want to leave him, but things got tough. Never in a million years would I have thought my Mikey would turn to drugs. All because of me.

"Why are you stealing?" He asked, breaking the silence as he fiddled with his fingers.

I shrugged and leaned back. "Needed money. The apartment we shared still needs bills to be paid." Our parents didn't approve of us. Back then, we were stupid enough to think we could handle running away.

Guilt and embarrassment washed over his face. "Sorry for leaving the apartment like that. Like I said, I couldn't think straight."

I laughed and Mike smiled at me fondly. "It's alright. Why the attitude earlier though?"

"Might as well have a bit of fun."

I glared at him and crossed my arms. "You're a jerk. You're just jealous I look awesome in this suit." I gestured down at my body and saw him lick his lips and smirk.

"Yeah, you kinda do."

We spent the rest of the night catching up. 8 months is too long. I never realized how much I've missed him until now. His laugh, his eyes, his hair. It wasn't long before the night guard came by, scolding us and telling us it was time to sleep. Bitch, I do what I want.

Joking, joking.

My right cheek was pressed against the pillow, my blue eyes trained on the cement wall. I held in a (manly) yelp when two arms snaked around me, fluffy hair nuzzling into my neck. He snickered and I sighed, but melted into his touch anyway. Our breaths soon evened out, today's events tiring both of us out.

----

A loud bell rang, signaling it was time to get up for breakfast. I groaned, wiggling out of Michael's grip. Prison life is going to take a long time to get used to.

"Time for breakfast! Get up!" The guard yelled, using a microphone because apparently his own voice isn't loud enough.

I got up, smoothing down my jumpsuit and brushing my teeth with the cheap plastic tooth brush. Michael got up and brushed his next to me, flicking water in my face before finishing.

A guard came and unlocked the door, telling us it was time for breakfast. We joined the groups of inmates walking by, towards the dingy cafeteria. Armed guards lined the hallways, keeping everything in order.

Michael and I ate. The food wasn't too bad, I could live with soggy waffles.

After the "meal", we walked out into the courtyard and stood in a corner, watching the rest of the inmates either exercise or goof around. I sighed, looking around until my eyes landed on Mikey.

Maybe prison wasn't so bad after all.

___

Remember kids, don't do drugs or steal. You will end up going to jail, and I'm pretty sure you won't find your long lost love in there.

I'm kidding.

No but really.

Don't do drugs/steal.

-Jessie