Lashton~I remember

Lashton~I remember

🍤Ashton's POV🍤

Ashton rested his arms on the railing, looking out at the blue sea.

Blue like Luke's eyes, he thought.

The chilly breezed weaved through his hair, making his golden curls that much messier. His black coat swayed back and forth in the wind, making a soft swish sound that haunted his ears, yet it wasn't enough to drown out the loud sound of the waves crashing against the rocks below. He took the sound of kids playing at the nearby park, the sound of cars rushing by, and the leaves of evergreen trees rustling and mixed them together, hoping to drown out the sound of the waves. It brought back bad memories, memories from when he was....bad. Depressed. Suicidal. However you want to put it. He remembered how he tried to jump of this very bridge. Jump down to his end.

Ashton was glad he didn't.

He was glad Luke was there to save him. To help him keep his grip on earth. Luke was his savior.

The blonde had called the older boy to meet him here, though Ashton wasn't sure why his boyfriend of three years wanted to come here. To the bridge where Ashton almost ended his own life.

Speaking of the blonde, he was running towards the bridge. Ashton turned away from his view of the crystal waters to see his beloved boyfriend. Luke's perfect quiff was high like usual, the shiny black ring hanging from Luke's lips. In his hands was a bouquet of roses. The roses dropped a few pedals as he ran, leaving a small red trail.

"Luke." Ashton breathed, happy to see the tall lad again, even though it had only been a few hours.

"A-Ashton, hi." Luke seemed nervous, and Ashton was curious. Luke was always so confident.

"What's wrong, Luke?" The shorter boy asked, placing a loving hand on his partner's arm.

"I-I...the reason I brought you here is because...we have b-been dating for three years and I love you so much. We've been through so much together, and all that crap only brought us closer. I'm proud of how far you've gotten, getting passed you depression and finally accepting yourself. I love being able to hold and kiss such a strong and beautiful boy. I definitely love being able to make love to you."

Ashton blushed at that and Luke chuckled before continuing.

"I decided to meet here because this place holds so many memories for us. We met here, and I saved your life. I remember seeing you, about to jump off the edge. I remember how sad you looked, yet you were so beautiful at the same time. I remember pulling you back and looking into your eyes for the first time. I remember hearing your soft voice when you told me why you tried to do it. I remember bringing you back to my place, and we drank a cup of coco together. I remember everything. I remember how broken you were, and I remember how I made it my goal to make you happy again."

Luke took a deep breath and Ashton stared into his deep blue eyes. The world seemed to stand still, the night they met clouding both their minds.

{}FlashBack{}

Ashton's hands gripped onto the bars in the railing, the tip of his torn up converse hanging over the edge. The scared boy looked below, his dark eyes landing on the rocks and saltwater below him. He was scared. He was scared of death, but this was something he had to do.

What did he have to live for, anyway?

Taking in a ragged breath, the aching boy prepared to jump off.

He took one foot of the ledge, mentally preparing himself for pain and death.

"Don't!" A voice called, followed by two strong hands pulling him back to the safe side of the railing.

The broken boy thrashed and yelled in the stranger's arms, suddenly gaining desire to die. "Let me go! Let me jump!"

"I'm not letting you jump." The stranger's soothing voice brought Ashton back to reality. What was he thinking? How could he have let the bullies get to him? He couldn't have the same fate as his sister. He couldn't.

Ashton have up and went limp in the stranger's arms, rid of all his energy.

"Why?"The voice asked. Ashton turned around, noticing the stranger had high blonde hair, a black lip ring, and deep blue eyes. Not to mention he was also indescribably tall.

"I-I don't k-know." Ashton stuttered, taken aback by the beauty of the boy in front of him. Truth was, Ashton did know. He was just uncomfortable and embarrassed to admit that he gave up.

The handsome man frowned and shook his head, still keeping a tight grip on the shorter boy. "Yes you do. It's ok, just tell me. You don't have to be ashamed, I won't judge you." Ashton watched a warm smile grow on the blonde's face, straining to keep back a smile himself.

"I'm Ashton."

"I'm Luke."

They grew close in a matter of minutes. Ashton told Luke everything. From getting bullied for the first time, to engraving the first scar on his own skin. He even told Luke he was gay, which was a pleasant surprise for the boy with the blue eyes.

That boy saved Ashton, and he kept saving him until Ashton was able to save himself. Luke was Ashton's rock, and Ashton was Luke's missing puzzle piece. Nothing could tear them apart.

{}End Of Flashback{}

Suddenly, Luke broke their train of thoughts as he got down on one knee, pulling out a small black box from his coat's pocket. The cool breeze swept through both the boy's hair, both their cheeks painted a shade of red from the cold. All background noise faded, and Ashton could only focus on Luke and his gentle voice. Luke's next words shocked and scared Ashton, yet made him feel special and loved.

Luke opened the small box, revealing a shiny silver band with the words 'Eternity' printed in black. The curly-haired boy had tears of joy streaming down his face, watching as his partner proposed.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, A-Ashton, will you marry me?"

Ashton heard his coat sway back and forth in the wind, the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks below, the sound of kids playing at the nearby park, the sound of cars rushing by, and the sound of leaves on evergreen trees rustling, but his lover's voice sliced through it all.

And Ashton said yes.

----

Sorry that was short >_<

I wrote this while watching Soul Eater, so yeppp.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Dedicated to Japan_n_Australia for being an awesome human being :)