Runaway~Malum

Runaway~Malum

~Not Edited~

🎮Michael's POV🎮

I slammed my bedroom door shut. I was tired of my parents and their bullshit, acting as if they actually cared about me.

Grabbing my phone, I dialed Calum, knowing he would understand. His parents only cared about Mali, and my parents only care about themselves.

"Hello?" He answered, picking up after the third ring.

"Hi Cal."

"Why do you sound so sad, love? What's wrong?"

I said nothing.

"It's your parents again, isn't it?" He sighed.

I chuckled and ran a hand through my lilac hair. "Yeah, sorry."

"It's alright. I'm actually heading to your house right now."

"Why? Not that I mind."

"My parents kicked me out."

"What?!?" Yeah, his parents are dicks, but I never would have thought they'd go as far as kicking him out.

"I yelled at them for caring only about Mali, and they kicked me out since I was 18. Mali is older than me, why didn't they kick her out?" He said, sounding agitated.

"It's ok babe, parents are dicks. You can stay with me for as long as you need to."

"There's no need for that. I have something else in mind."

"What?"

"Look out your window." He hung up, leaving me confused.

I threw my phone on the bed, looking out my window and seeing Calum standing there, holding a duffel bag in one hand.

I opened my window, gesturing inside. He climbed up a tree beside my window, the duffel bag being no problem since he's a professional. Calum's dirty old converse hit my carpet, and he dumped the duffel bag in the floor.

"Hi." He said, breaking the silence with a small laugh.

"Hey." I smiled.

Calum jumped on my bed, grabbing my hand and pulling me down with him. I let out a small shriek and hit his chest, angry since I hit my head on the headboard. He giggled and placed a kiss on the aching spot, kissing my cheek then my lips afterwards.

"Sorry babe." He said. "After all that drama and screaming, cuddling with my boyfriend seemed like a great idea."

We smiled, cuddling closer to each other. My head rested on his chest, his hands wrapped around my waist. "So what happened this time, Mikey?" He asked, stoking my hair.

"My parents nagged at me for eating spaghetti. Apparently, it was for their best friend's son, who they love more than me." I frowned. Was it so wrong for me to be hungry?

He sighed and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry babe. You're much better than their best friend's son could ever be. You're perfect Michael. You're strong and sweet and kind, some of the many reasons why I love you."

I blushed and smiled, giving him a quick kiss. "I love you, too."

"Let's runaway."

I sat up, looking at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He took my hands in his. "Let's leave. Let's leave this town and never look back. I-I've been saving money from my job, and I have enough for two plane tickets to the states. Plus, I also have enough to get us food for a couple weeks. You've also been saving money, right? If we combine our savings, there would be enough for a small apartment." He took a deep breath, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I don't know, Cal." I said. I really didn't know. How could we just...leave? We both dropped out, so education wasn't a problem, but what about rent? When we get there, all the way to the states?

"Mikey, our parents don't give a shit

about us, we don't go to school anymore, and all we have is each other. Who or what would we be staying here for? We have experience and have better chances of getting a good job, so bills shouldn't be too much of a problem. Please Michael, I promise you that if you do this with me, I won't disappoint you. We'll get our fairy tail ending, ok? You love me, and I love you. Take this as an opportunity to prove that." Calum had such a hopeful look in his eyes, pleading me to agree. He had a point, what's stopping me from going with him? We love each other, and in a world like ours, that's all that matters.

Instead if answering, I grabbed my own duffle bag and began stuffing my belonging inside of it. Calum cheered and wrapped his arms around my waist, giving me a passionate kiss.

We climbed out of my window, walking back to Calum's house and getting in his mom's car. I hardly doubt she would miss it, his family was pretty rich. We drove to the airport, laughing and singing to our favorite songs, sticking our middle fingers out to this already forgotten town.

That night, Cal and I were on a plane to America, nothing but love and hope to guide us. Calum promised me a fairy tail ending. He promised that we would live happily ever after. That he would never disappoint me. That promise is what kept me going. I kept hoping we would get that fairy tail ending.

And we did.

----

Sorry that was short and sucky :/